Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Without a box

• 01-11-2006 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hello All,

Can anyone tell me how best to use the website withoutabox.com ?

I have an account but have barely used it. I have two films I want to promote/send to national and international festivals but don't really know how to.

If there is a place on the withoutabox.com site that tells me how to use it that I've missed, apologies!

Also, if this is the wrong area for this thread, sowwy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 worddigger

shotcaller wrote:
    Hello All,

Can anyone tell me how best to use the website withoutabox.com ?

I have an account but have barely used it. I have two films I want to promote/send to national and international festivals but don't really know how to.

If there is a place on the withoutabox.com site that tells me how to use it that I've missed, apologies!

Also, if this is the wrong area for this thread, sowwy.

Basically, open up your credit card and start bleeding. Their "Free" service is worthless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Never used them really. I have used shortfilmdepot.com though and while I found it an irritating site some festivals prefer that you enter online via it and shortfilmdepot.com also send out emails to you telling you when deadlines for festivals are approaching.

You shouldn't just rely on one site though - get on to http://www.festivalfocus.org/ and start looking up festivals and seeing what's going on.

Also for Irish news/festivals etc check out iftn.ie and the Film Ireland magazine and website - www.filmireland.net

It takes time to get your film out there so don't give up. Keep checking out the festivals and getting your promo DVDs out there. Make sure as many people as possible get a chance to see your films and enter as many festivals as you can afford to no matter how small they seem. Picking up an award somewhere can mean a world of difference in getting your film into a bigger festival.

Advertisement