Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do eircom T&C discourage provider switching?

Options
  • 01-11-2006 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭

I just moved to EsatBT for my home phone. My bb is with ntl.
    I was about to help my father-in-law move from eircom Talktime to EsatBT's equivalent plus 1Mb broadband package.

I read up on the eircom Talktime T&C and saw that:
    On termination of this Agreement by either party all calls charged for in the the Billing Cycle in which the Facility has been terminated shall be charged for at standard rates
    Apart from the either party bit, if someone is on a Talktime package, in order not to be screwed, they have to make their changeover at or just after one of their bimonthly billing cycles.
    I know that eircom have this same termination condition in their dial-up package.

This seems like a rather sneaky condition. For customers that forget about this item, they could get hit with a nice going away bill from eircom.

EDIT: Who is the current eircom CEO? Know his address? I might write and let him know about this item. If anyone knows a good (ridiculous) comparison for this condition I'll mention it (e.g. getting a 2-for-1 deal somewhere but being charged full price when you say you don't plan to return to the bar/restaurant/hotel).

Comments

Advertisement