Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of range signal and processer low core voltage?

Options
  • 01-11-2006 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Installing some software on to my PC after a rebuild and i was messing around and changes the screen resolution to the max just to see.... so it changes the resolution and the screen was not abole to display it so comes up on screen saying out of range cannot dispaly this video mode change computer display to 1680x1050. only prob is, its after saving these settings and screen is blank so i can't turn it back to orginal setting. it dispays fine up as far as the login screen. I can bring up the bios page. I have a dell 20" screen with a gainward pci x card?

also the i am using is a intel d975xbx with an intel extreme 6800 processor. I installed the desktop utilities software and it keeps coming up with the core voltage - 1.2v should be 2.05 range??? any ideas whats the story here. many thanks for you help
    Kevin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

To sort the screen, boot into safe mode ( tap f8 during boot up ) one your in windows change the resolution to something less.

For the cpu. Are you noticing any perfomance drops ? If not the software is more then likely missreading it.

To double check go into the bios and look there.

If you are noticing a drop it sounds like a psu rail has failed/failing.

Try removing all cables from the psu, and re-inserting them again. If this still fails try a different psu, if you have one handy to double check its not the psu, and not the mobo.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kryan1

anti wrote:
    To sort the screen, boot into safe mode ( tap f8 during boot up ) one your in windows change the resolution to something less.

For the cpu. Are you noticing any perfomance drops ? If not the software is more then likely missreading it.

To double check go into the bios and look there.

If you are noticing a drop it sounds like a psu rail has failed/failing.

Try removing all cables from the psu, and re-inserting them again. If this still fails try a different psu, if you have one handy to double check its not the psu, and not the mobo.
    screen is now sorted thanks... but the CPU prob is still there. I did what u said above with removing the power supply and reconnected. i have just downloaded the bios update and will install that and see does that make any differance. if anyone one else has any other ideas i would be grateful...
    cheers
    kevin

Advertisement