Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Opel Astra saloon

Options
  • 02-11-2006 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

car_photo_209510_7.jpg
    This is the new astra saloon that will be launched at the Istanbul show soon.
    It may be on its way over here. It won't be launched as a Vauxhall though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

what an ugly car....
    opel:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jack O'Bauer

No thanks, I'd prefer a Hatchback any day. Saloon Astras are just a really bad idea. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

It looks like a Skoda

You cant beat Opels

I love them

94k miles on my AStra and still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

yeah Opels have very good engines.. its just the tid bits that are the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

kluivert wrote:
    It looks like a Skoda

You cant beat Opels

I love them

94k miles on my AStra and still going strong.

94k miles? WOW! ..because only opels can do that sort of mileage! any other car would fall apart at that stage :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There's something very "Volvo S40" about that rear end, and that's not a compliment.

At least it'll be a nice change from Almeras and Merivas for Enterprise customers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

No thanks, I'd prefer a Hatchback any day. Saloon Astras are just a really bad idea. :cool:

Ive a saloon astra and i think its much nicer than the hatchbacks... Anyhu difference of opinions

I like the look of the new astra. Would love to see a pic of the front of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

That looks the same as the old astra saloon with a different bootlid.

How is it Opels are never considered a "German" car? I know about the GM connection, but it isn't that different from DaimlerChrysler. Even the old "German" Fords were looked on as being more reliable than the British ones (or so I read, the unification took place before I was born!)

I would associate Opel with the UK,Spain and Portugal. I know Opel is a German company, buttheir identity has been diluted by the Vauxhall thing and the fact that they are part of GM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

We've a astra saloon in the family and I think its decent car. Nice to drive and a huge boot. Only problem is the dealers. They seem unable to fix the smallest problem.

• Advertisement

you reckon Opel will try and do a VW with the Astra saloon and pitch it upmarket with a similar price tag? or will it be specced similarly to the hatch? It wouldn't want to be priced too close to the Vectra (which can be had for silly money)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

There is also the Astra thats advertised by Vauxhall featuring an extra length windscreen that almost goes back to the B-post. Will this feature be available here and will it be available on all the astras or only the 3 door?
    Looking through the Australian Holden site, the old astra cabriolet is still available alongside the new Astra twintop. The picture is of a Corsa saloon available in South Africa along with a Corsa pick-up based on the Combo van.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

The last decent Opel was a RWD one, the modern ones just aren't what they used to be. My local car dismantlers reckon that Opels and Volkswagen are at an all time low with stupid problems and terrible build quality and I'd agree with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Hmm two problems here:

1 It's an Opel
    2 It's an Astra

Nuff said!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I had the misfortune of buying a new Vectra about 7 years ago. It was the biggest piece of rubish I ever owned. Numerous electrical problems including an electric window relay which was replaced by Opel 3 times. Audio controls on the steering wheel worked only 2 days a week. Climate Control packed in about 2 months out of warranty, Opel wanted £800 for a new system. I also found the 1.8 litre engine both sluggish and heavy on fuel. The Opel dealer and Opel Ireland were also obnoxious and condisending when approached about the problems. I got rid of the car after about 18 months, the Vectra also suffering from savage depreciation, I learnt an expensive but valuable leason, never to buy one again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Look of a Megane about the back there

Advertisement