Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.22lr tracer rounds

Options
  • 02-11-2006 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    I have a .22 that i use to shoot sills 'n' stuff & I would love to get my hands on some .22lr tracer rounds for zeroing in as well as the fun aspect of shooting with friends on the range. I know they are made but the importing is up to the dealers (I think ??)
    oh I have also being looking for some more of those .22lr shotshells

The tracers I'm talking about are something like the ones on ( http://www.outlandsales.com/tracer22.html)

The shot shells are like the ones found on ( http://www.alsarmynavy.com/pc-2141-209-cci-22lr-31gr-wmr-shotshell-20rd-ammo.aspx )

I'm a fulls licenced shooter. i'm keen to get some of both type asap

Thanks in advance for any FACT based help anyone (you) can offer to me :D

Coche in kilkenny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Coche wrote:
    I have also being looking for some more of those .22lr shotshells

Federal .22lr shotshells (No.12) are available in Scullys in Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

shotshells are pretty useless they're only good to 15ft if even that. The rifling in the barrel throws them all over the place there supposed to be shot out of a smoothbore gun however they wont do any damage to your gun and are useful for shooting pigeons and rats in sheds and the likes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

shotshells are pretty useless they're only good to 15ft if even that. The rifling in the barrel throws them all over the place there supposed to be shot out of a smoothbore gun however they wont do any damage to your gun and are useful for shooting pigeons and rats in sheds and the likes

bah!I was just gonna say that.They wont puncture a coke can over ten feet,and ceratinly wont kill a pigeon at any distance!

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

I use them for shooting Mink and Rats that i catch in cage traps. Normally at about 2-3 inches ... not much good for anything else..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

The last tracer rounds I bought were from Watts Bros on Ormonde Quay sometime back in the 80's. I haven't seen them here since.

They're good fun and all as a novelty item, but don't kid yourself that they are of any use for zeroing a rifle; not only are they ballistically different from every other type of ammunition that I know of, they also appear to be ballistically different from each other in the same box!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

like the last post its about 10 years ago since i used tracers,they were an eley brand and i havnt seen them in a long time (amazing fun seeing them come out of a 10/22 25rnd clip)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭flight93

I am told that they are not too good for the rifleing of your barrel. I also remember that they are no good for zeroing your gun as they go somewhere way different to any other round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Babble

I agree that it would be odd for zeroing. They are fun but be very aware that they can start a fire, At my local range a shooter was testing a batch of .223 tracers at 200 yards and started a few fires (it was mid summer). Cease fire and sprint to 200 :D. Some of them dont light up straight away so you have to shoot at longer ranges, which makes for a lot of exercise.

Advertisement