Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skt 939 Dual Core Versus ???

Options
  • 02-11-2006 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm on my second last major upgrade for this computer and need a bit of advice. I had an X2-3800 and it was great, but for one reason or another I'm back with a 3200+ at the moment. As we know decent Skt 939 chips are hard to get at the moment, so I'm faced with a bit of a dilemma at the moment as what to replace it with.
    I was thinking an X2-4600 as that's pretty much all that's available on the dual core front. I don't overclock, so I don't think an Opteron is what I'm after. Should I just stick with something like an single core 4000+ ?? I know the 3700+ is better value, but I don't overclock so bare that in mind.

The main thing I use the computer for is gaming and surfing!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well the 4000+ and X2 4600+ are the same clock speed so in the vast majority of games they will be about the same as there are still only a handful of multi-threaded titles.

If you can live without the benefits of dual core in other areas/tasks & the price of the 4600 is too much I'd go with the 4000+

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thanks once again 8T8. I think I have managed to get my hands on a new X2-3800, so will most likely go back to that.

Advertisement