Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front Page Very Slow

Options
  • 02-11-2006 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

Is the front page loading in very slowly for anyone else? The rest of the site is just fine, it's just the front page.

It seems to take a lot of time pulling the content for the right hand side of the page such as adverts and blogs.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Yup, pretty slow for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

your not alone monkeyfudge, same story with me

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Actually seems to be hanging on 'transferring data from img-pcdm.adtech.de'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

That's the ad server :(

I'm going to try caching the feeds on the right hand side and see if that helps more...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

In the last two days, there are times when i press submit button to post and it goes to the log in page, even though i'm already logged in.
    The site also logs me out every so often.I will be on one tread (logged in)
    then when i go to to another, when it loads i'm logged out.
    Just thought id mention it.

EDIT: Site has been pretty slow to load the last two day as well. I thought at first it was my connection but every other site loads as normal and my download speeds are o.k. as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

thrill wrote:
    In the last two days, there are times when i press submit button to post and it goes to the log in page, even though im already logged in.
    then when i go to to another, when it loads im logged out.

What browser are you using? I think it might be blocking them. Try logging out, clearing the cookies. Log back in and tick the Remember Me box.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Its faster now. upgraded to ff2 a few days ago.

Thanks a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

thrill wrote:
    In the last two days, there are times when i press submit button to post and it goes to the log in page, even though i'm already logged in.
    then when i go to to another, when it loads i'm logged out.

EDIT: Site has been pretty slow to load the last two day as well. I thought at first it was my connection but every other site loads as normal and my download speeds are o.k. as well.

This happens me all the time as well. If I am reading a particuarly long thread or writing a long reply, I'm logged out when I hit submit. Everyone keeps saying its cookies but its not, I've tried everything but I still get it, in IE and FF on different machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

We're now updating the right hand side only every hour so should be a bit faster...

Advertisement