Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How come this thread is not closed?

Options
  • 02-11-2006 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭

Given how 'down' Boards is on any type of illegal activity being discussed and promoted on fora, how come this thread is allowed?...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054894772&goto=newpost

These graffiti taggers are making Dublin look like the Bronx, all they look for is 'fame' and this thread is just giving them the oxygen of publicity.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Have you hit the 'report this post' icon?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

How do you do that?
    I think the thread is a disgrace..

report.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

report.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

funnysign01.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Why do you want to censor art?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Haven't read the whole thread but I've just skimmed over the last page and there seems to be as many detractors as there is praise. Sort of like, oh I dunno, a discussion maybe.

Locking these threads on sight isn't going to stop the artists, but it will stop people from both sides getting their opinions heard.

Just my 2c :)

amp wrote:
    Why do you want to censor art?

Cos its "art" that wasnt commisioned by a customer or patron,is not produced on the property of the artist,is devaluing property and is against the law.

Goodshape wrote:
    Haven't read the whole thread but I've just skimmed over the last page and there seems to be as many detractors as there is praise. Sort of like, oh I dunno, a discussion maybe.

Locking these threads on sight isn't going to stop the artists, but it will stop people from both sides getting their opinions heard.

Just my 2c :)

Since when was boards a democracy?I posted about Liberty Cap mushrooms and the thread was locked aftre three posts.I wasnt advocating drying or preparing them in any way that would be construed as illegal or actionable.The thread about grafiti has people who are destroying property and breaking the law being given a free rein to air thier opinions.Whay not have a shoplifting thread/I'm sure we'd soon get a discussion going,or better yet a thread where drug dealers can shoot the breeze about what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

And because it's not a democracy your opinion matters more than mine?

Just giving my opinion, nothing more.

It would be my further opinion that a thread on Liberty Caps should be allowed, as they grow wild in this country, but I don't see that happening. And there's a fair difference between shoplifting / drug dealing and graffiti, which can be nice if it's done well.

• Advertisement

Goodshape wrote:
    And because it's not a democracy your opinion matters more than mine?

Just giving my opinion, nothing more.

It would be my further opinion that a thread on Liberty Caps should be allowed, as they grow wild in this country, but I don't see that happening. And there's a fair difference between shoplifting / drug dealing and graffiti, which can be nice if it's done well.

Not really.Shoplifting and drug dealing are both anti-social activities which the law declares to be illegal.In addition,open drug dealing in an area doesnt do much for its public perception anymore than scrawling all over walls does.In the end as with all crimes the taxpayer ends up footing the bill for it while the proponants get to air thier egos in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well, the thread is called: Who is Grift and who are the ICN crew? so it's kind of going a little off topic with the for/against arguments. And in fairness, it's 635 post pointing out the same arguments over and over. It's kind of run it's course anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Report it and shut the hell up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Degsy wrote:
    Cos its "art" that wasnt commisioned by a customer or patron,is not produced on the property of the artist,is devaluing property and is against the law.

Oh so art is only art if someone pays for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

DublinWriter. Since you clearly don't object to the thread (you know where the report post button is, you know that's how to complain about a thread) this is presumably yet more "Look at me" antics from you.

Go ask for a private forum called Look At DublinWriter instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement