Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Request] DivX/ Avi player for Nokia Phone.

• 02-11-2006 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have checked the sticky on 3rd Party Apps but cannot find the above program for a Symbian OS for my Nokia (3250)

Can anyone shed some light on the issue?

Regards,

Q

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i use xilisoft 3gp converter to convert divx to .3gp format that plays on phones. shrinks them down too. a full length movie shrinks to about 50 MB depending on the settings. xilisoft isn't free but there are free ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

i use xilisoft 3gp converter to convert divx to .3gp format that plays on phones. shrinks them down too. a full length movie shrinks to about 50 MB depending on the settings. xilisoft isn't free but there are free ones

Cheers for that.

How much is it?

Any linkies?

Thanks

Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Mossy

SmartMovie can play AVI files that have been specially converted (on a PC). They provide software that does the conversion.

Supports DivX/XviD etc.

I don't think you'll find any phone software that'll play AVI files without some kind of conversion, it just wouldn't make sense.

Also SmartMovie is not free.

A quick google will show you how to convert to 3gp for free, for example here.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

another vote for smartmovie, excellent player/conversation

Been using it on my Nokia 6680 for a year now, used to use it all the time to convert movies to watch on the train

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I still use Smartmovie on my shoddy Ngage, works great.

• Advertisement

I've downloaded a trial version so I'll give it a shot.

Thanks to all.

Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Don't convert them to .3gp, that format is horrible for watching most things. Use smartmovie, as previously mentioned, excellent app that will convert anything and has extensive range of dimensions available so all you have to do is basically select your model and click convert.

Heres a free alternative to smartmovie. Been using it fine on my N93 for a while now
    http://www.symbianos.pl/Nowiny/Z_ostatnich_dni/Darmowy_odtwarzacz_film%F3w_DivX_w_telefonie/

Heres a free alternative to smartmovie. Been using it fine on my N93 for a while now
    http://www.symbianos.pl/Nowiny/Z_ostatnich_dni/Darmowy_odtwarzacz_film%F3w_DivX_w_telefonie/

Ill try it later today.

Thanks for that :)

Q

Advertisement