Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

respraying my car

Options
  • 02-11-2006 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

I've been thinking of changing the colour of my car and tarting it up a bit. I have a red 00 new shape celica, want to change it to black and maybe tint the windows and get some new alloys. Anyone recommend anywhere in the kildare/dub area that would do a good job on the respray and any idea on price?

Also, does it look dodgy if you're selling a resprayed car ie: ppl might think it was in a crash?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

I would not recommend having a car that is relatively new resprayed. A top class job would be very expensive anyway and as you say it does look dodgy when trying to resell. Better to sell the car as is and buy a black one if that is really your thing.

A good (professional) machine polish works wonders if the red paint has dulled somewhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

not worth it, especially if it's a standard VVTi model and the 00 has the old celica front end too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Its about 2000 to 3000 to get a full respray on a car!!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭jeff lebowski

2 - 3k is a bit pricey.....think I might leave it red if it's that expensive. What about tinted windows...dunno if that'd look good on a red car tho

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Look at the kinds of cars that have aftermarket tints. Ask yourself whether you want to look like them. There's your answer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I know someone who will do it pro for about €1000 -1500

2-3k is rip off Irish pricing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Just sell the car and buy one in a colour you like, respraying is not worth the hassle and expense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Mojito

Hi,

I got a bargin on a 2003 celica T-sport but it had bad scratches on the paint work. A little dent on the bonnet and a few minor dents from other car doors up the side.

I dropped into Smith and Branigans in Lucan and they resprayed it for me, fix all the little dents and did an amazing job!! Looks like its brand new now. :D

This cost €1,800 euros about 4 months ago. I got the car resparyed the same colour, Storm Blue.

http://www.jmgwebdesign.com/SandB/www/index.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

^^^

You did well there as there known for being pricey,they wanted 800euro off me for a front bumper and grill sprayed in an original colour last week

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

painting a car a different colour is a different story to fixing up a few panels, you'll have to do a complete shell respray to do it properly. it's not worth the trouble, you should seek out a nice black one and save yourself the trouble and money you'll lose if you try to sell it again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement