Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Computer/Windows XP problem

• 02-11-2006 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I got a software torrent and I downloaded Magic CD Burner from downloads.com so I could install the .uif file onto my PC. Magic CD Burner installed, and when it finsihed my compouter froze. Wouldn’t do anything at all so I had to switch off the power to restart it. Went back into Windows, and it took ages to load up. Wouldn’t let me reboot the machine in Safe Mode, or any mode for that matter. Itjust started up as normal. F8 wouldn’t do anything when it was just loading up. Took me ages to get to the log on screen and then it took me a few minute for my user account to log on. When I got into Windows it, there was no taskbar, no start menu, no system tray. Tried restoring it by using system restore, that wouldn’t load. All my files n **** were there but when I "ctrl + alt + del" to bring up the task manager there was no user in it anywhere, not even me, even tho I was logged on to the computer under my name. Tried going to "My Computer" then clicking "manage" that wouldn’t do anything for me either. Tried running Dell Diagnostics and everything but that wouldn’t start up either. I can get MS Command working on it but that’s about it. It wont connect to the net either. Althought msconfig will run.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Just a few ideas:

1. When you log onto the system physically delete any files relating to Magic CD Burner and esp any cd/dvd drivers it might have loaded. You may have to go into the registry to do this deleting all entries in the registry, including from inside the upper/lowerfilters for the CD devices . OR In the bios deselect your cd/dvd drive so the system boots without it. Then try a sys restore.

2. Run msconfig and untick everything or just select diagnostic startup. When the system boots try System Restore again or try unuinstalling Magic CD Burner.

3. Boot from the Windows CD and do a "Repair".

4. I do not have a dell but when I did there was a utility that came installed on it that when run put the system back to the way it was when you got it.

Advertisement