Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to add Furniture in the Apartment

Options
  • 02-11-2006 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Friends;

When I first came to Ireland; I did not know how to deal with LandLords/Agents and I was looking for apartment to move in ASAP; I got a nice apartment and I am happey in this one; but now after almost 2 months; I found that It was supposed to request some missing stuff like I would like to have a carpet in the living room instead of the cold wooden floor; we have a 1 year child and he enjoy sitting and moving in the floorbut it would be too cold for him; also we do not have a coffee table, TV table; we have only 1 sofa of double seats which we think it is not enough

So do I have the right to ask for this now?? or just I have to buy these things??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

You don't have any rights with regards to furniture, a landlord does not have to provide anything regardless of whether its before or after you move in. You are entitled to get an inventory of everything that is provided but thats it.

You can ask for additional furniture, some landlords will provide it and others won't, depends on the landlord!

Advertisement