Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions!

Options
  • 02-11-2006 12:21pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I have an interview in Analog Devices at 11:30am tomorrow and I have to get a bus down, mabye aroud 8am.
    I have never been to Limerick.
    I think it is located in Raheen Business park?
    How far is that from the bus station and is it easy to find?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Hey, I have an interview in Analog Devices at 11:30am tomorrow and I have to get a bus down, mabye aroud 8am.
    I have never been to Limerick.
    I think it is located in Raheen Business park?
    How far is that from the bus station and is it easy to find?

Thanks.

It is definitely not in walking distance.
    I cant give you exact directions but I do recommend you get a taxi.
    Raheen is not close to the central bus station.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

From my limited knowledge of Limerick, it's about 4 kms south west of the city centre on the Adare Road near the Regional Hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭motormouthmable

Definately get a taxi as you can't rely on the bus service here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thabks a lot, good to know now as opposed to in the morning. As they pay travel expenses I have no problem with a taxi. :)
    Although they want receipts as proof...

Anyway, got any numbers for taxis? Thanks!

got any numbers for taxis? Thanks!
    I'm sure there will be a rank at the bus station (??).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Never been to Limerick, but I hope so. Like to be prepared but I suppose there may be some there.

edit: got this from google.

Taxi company: Castleroy Taxi
    Phone number: +353 61 332266

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bonzer1again

There is a taxi rank, right outside the train station, you can't miss it, and there are always quite a few taxi'x on it. Traffic can be quite heavy on the raheen road at that time of day,so give yourself at least 35 minutes to get there,(it'll probably be less). Good luck with the interview, quite a few friends of mine are working out there and they love it.......

They choose us to be interviewed, just two of us and there are two positions, I don't want the job, so no luck thanks. Guess I'm gonna get it though.

Thanks a lot for the info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

A cab to the Raheen Industrial Estate will cost you between €10 and €13.

Make sure you know which Analog building you are going to as there are two of them.

• Advertisement

Thanks hobie. :P

I have no idea which building, they just said the name of the interviewer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

A cab to the Raheen Industrial Estate will cost you between €10 and €13.

Make sure you know which Analog building you are going to as there are two of them.

two? try 6...

you'll want building 1, it's the main building at the front..

and btw, before taking an interview, you shouldn't post somewhere that you don't want the job. no problem not wanting it, don't advertise it..

mossym wrote:

and btw, before taking an interview, you shouldn't post somewhere that you don't want the job. no problem not wanting it, don't advertise it..

He should if he doesnt want it :D

Jumpy wrote:
    He should if he doesnt want it :D

you don't think that will affect a future job that he may possibly want?

mossym wrote:
    you don't think that will affect a future job that he may possibly want?

Not really. Personally I would be very picky about working for a company that would take such a thing seriously anyway :rolleyes:
    He may change his mind if offered the job. Never take anything on the internet at face value.

Jumpy wrote:
    He may change his mind if offered the job. Never take anything on the internet at face value.

so he somes in, sees more about the job..now wants it...but interviewer has two candidates, both of who he wants, but he knows one of them doesn't want the job...who ishe going to offer it to?

there is no problem with not wanting the job, and still doing the interview..hell turn it down if you get offered it...

but don't post that you don't want it on a public board where at least one person who works for the company is going to see it

Fair enough, I won't do that anymore. Thanks for the advice.
    I did not apply for the interview, they applied for me.
    There are two candidates, two positions and if given the job we have to take it, as it is PEP.
    I just don't want it as my gf lives in Dublin, which is far away from Limerick and will make things quite awkward...
    From what I hear it's nice to work there, bad location for me though.
    Oh well, c'est la vie!

Fair enough, I won't do that anymore. Thanks for the advice.
    I did not apply for the interview, they applied for me.
    There are two candidates, two positions and if given the job we have to take it, as it is PEP.
    I just don't want it as my gf lives in Dublin, which is far away from Limerick and will make things quite awkward...
    From what I hear it's nice to work there, bad location for me though.
    Oh well, c'est la vie!

no worries...not giving you a hard time, just in your best interests to hold all the aces going into an interview..not give them to the interviewer..

best of luck in not getting the job then:D

I'm hoping I'm holding a 2 and a 7 offsuit.
    Thanks. :)

Tar.Aldarion - aybe mossym works for Analog and will be conducting the interview! :eek: :D

• Advertisement

Giving me the job mossym?! Hah.

not mine to give...

I could post you a Google Earth Image of Analog if you think it might help? .... :)

Just let me know what Altitude ..... :D

Ah that's fine thanks, I'm sure the taxi driver will know the way. :)

Tar .... will you post and let us know how you got on ? .... :confused:

(when Analog let you know ....... )

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Do let us know how you got on - if you're stuck for a taxi ring 31 31 31 or 41 41 41 - either will do-but there are usually plenty outside the station!

Good Luck in getting (or not getting) the job! :)

Ah yeah sure, I didn't get the job, happy, happy. The interviewers were absolutely lovely. They asked me at the end how I felt about moving to Limerick, I think I dropped subtle hints. (:
    I love the casual dress policy there.
    It took an hour for a taxi to come after the interview. :/

Advertisement