Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing from metric - MP/H to KM/H

Options
  • 02-11-2006 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

When I got my cycle computer the guy set it up as km/h. I said id give it a go seen as its about time I got used to using the new system. Ive also been trying to give farenheit a go rather than celcuis. So far I have not been doing well. Everything is still C or MPH in my head. The main reading in my car is MP/H which doesn't help either.

I was thinking of changing the computer to miles. What do you use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I use km. All the speed signs and distances are in km now, so it makes sense that way. 'Tis the way forward

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

Use Kilometers these days. Just kind of forced myself to give up all imperial measurements. You get used to it after a while. Also i was always a bit shaky as to how many feet were in a yard etc and basic stuff like that... Imperial makes no sense.

As for using the Fahrenheit scale, Celsius (aka centigrade) is the metric scale. It seems to be usually Americans and British who seem to be fond of using Fahrenheit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

Frig it. Best stick with the kilometers then. I don't want to be a dinosaur.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

km all the way. The numbers sound much more impressive too!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Km way better, for calculating speed/distances in your head when touring
    20/25Km easy to average depending on conditions ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Advertisement