Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trg-22

Options
  • 02-11-2006 12:37pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what the average retail on TRG-22's is? I know there are a number of differnat finishes (green+phosphate is the most expensive one as far as i know).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Cheers, thats pretty much what i thought they were anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I have mine about a month or so now and only have a couple of hundred rounds through it yet, but it's the most startlingly accurate rifle I've ever fired, let alone owned.
    With the possible exception of my Sako Finnfire Varmint in .22LR at 50-100m, but that's a whole different game.

I gave €3300 for it in Stakelum's of Urlingford, with the high cost being explained (to me) by its being the 'Stealth' model with the green stock, phosphated action and black bolt.

Whatever rolleyes.gif

I bought a few bits 'n bobs along with it (scope, rings/mounts, muzzle brake, extra ammunition, bipod), which along with the few boxes of complimentary ammunition and some cleaning kit thrown in, all rounded down to a few hundred Euros less than the sum of the parts. I also traded in a CZ-550 in .243Win, which softened the blow a bit.

Did I get value for money?
    Who knows.
    I figure I did, as I put considerable value on dealing with someone local who I know and trust, and who I know will stand over the goods and provide good after sales service.
    Your mileage may vary.

A bit of Internet shopping also got me one of these-
    3cases1750wb1.jpg
    http://www.peli.com/pdfs_productes/1750_eng.PDF

The TRG-22 fits just perfectly with the muzzle brake and scope fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Surprisingly inexpensive compared with similar ISSF .22 rifles...

Sparks wrote:
    Surprisingly inexpensive compared with similar ISSF .22 rifles...
    What do they cost? :eek:

The €3300 was for the bare rifle, BTW, all that other stuff was extra.

• Advertisement

Rovi wrote:
    A bit of Internet shopping also got me one of these-
    3cases1750wb1.jpg
    http://www.peli.com/pdfs_productes/1750_eng.PDF

The TRG-22 fits just perfectly with the muzzle brake and scope fitted.

How much was the peli case? im thinking of the same one but picking it up while on a busniess trip to the US.

I heard the TRG bi-pod is about €500! How do you find it compared to a traditional one?

Rovi wrote:
    What do they cost? :eek:
    My Anschutz 2013 would set you back about €3000 if you bought it from the NSRA shop right now. (Not recommended, mind, a proper price for a new one would be lower, around the €2400-2500 mark in Germany).
    The €3300 was for the bare rifle, BTW, all that other stuff was extra.
    I was looking at the €2500 pricetag for the black model there, not the €2900 for the green (are you kidding me? A €400 paintjob? Ha!).

Rew wrote:
    How much was the peli case? im thinking of the same one but picking it up while on a busniess trip to the US.
    I got it from CPC-
    http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=SG32616&N=0
    ST£242.03 inc. VAT, plus shipping.
    Came to €389.22 delivered to my door.
    Can be got in the U.S. for around $300, so should be a bargain if you can bring it back as luggage.
    Rew wrote:
    I heard the TRG bi-pod is about €500!
    That's why I bought a Harris :D

Can be got in the U.S. for around $300, so should be a bargain if you can bring it back as luggage.
    Yeah, you really take a hit on the shipping with peli cases, especially if you buy from the UK because there you're getting hit twice for shipping and once for the currency rate :(

Sparks wrote:
    (are you kidding me? A €400 paintjob? Ha!).
    How about the €500 bipod, or the €200 magazine? :eek:

• Advertisement

Rovi wrote:
    I got it from CPC-
    http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=SG32616&N=0
    ST£242.03 inc. VAT, plus shipping.
    Came to €389.22 delivered to my door.

That's why I bought a Harris :D

LOL, good plan!

What mounts did you go with? there seems to be quite a selection.

I was looking here at the peli case:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/PELICAN-1750-BLACK-CASE-WITH-FOAM-RIFLE-AND-GUN_W0QQitemZ180044030119QQihZ008QQcategoryZ50505QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Have to check with the seller as top exactly which foam is in it but looks like a bargin!

Rovi wrote:
    How about the €500 bipod, or the €200 magazine? :eek:

And don't even get me started on the €2-per-shot ammunition! :D

(Seriously - an ISSF match, all 60 shots + sighters of it, all for €2 per shot or more?!?! You'd want to be made of money!)

Sparks wrote:

(Seriously - an ISSF match, all 60 shots + sighters of it, all for €2 per shot or more?!?! You'd want to be made of money!)
    In fairness, I'm buying 167gr Lapua Scenars for €33.50/20 (€1.68 each), which isn't too bad as top-of-the-line target ammunition goes.

Other stuff-
    Lapua Trainer 123gr- €21.21/20 (€1.06 each)
    Remington UMC 150gr solids- €18.50/20 (€0.93 each)
    American Eagle 150gr solids- €16.00/20 (€0.80 each)

Same sort of prices as pretty much any other centrefire calibre ammunition.

While the Scenars undoubtedly have the edge, particularly as the ranges get longer, my rifle seems to do really well with the Remington UMC stuff. Certainly at least as good as the Lapua Trainers.
    The American Eagle is a little more inconsistent, but is still perfectly good for informal fun 'n games and plinking.

Roll on reloading! :rolleyes:

Rew wrote:
    LOL, good plan!

What mounts did you go with? there seems to be quite a selection.
    Sako's Picatinny rail with Optilock bases and rings. All phosphated to match the action. :D
    Rew wrote:
    I was looking here at the peli case:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/PELICAN-1750-BLACK-CASE-WITH-FOAM-RIFLE-AND-GUN_W0QQitemZ180044030119QQihZ008QQcategoryZ50505QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Have to check with the seller as top exactly which foam is in it but looks like a bargin!
    Feck!
    Can I get in trouble for hating a Moderator?

That looks like a superb price.
    Even with the $101.45 shipping to Ireland, it still only comes to about €270 if it gets hit for full duty and VAT on the way in.

Feck (again)!
    :rolleyes:

Rovi wrote:
    Same sort of prices as pretty much any other centrefire calibre ammunition.
    Yeah, but even batch-tested .22 stuff you're looking at about €6,000 all told (that's flying to the factory, testing against your barrel, buying the ammo, shipping it back and flying back yourself) for 10,000 rounds - 60 cents for the absolute best out there versus 80 cents for plinking quality? I'm not going to start thinking about Palma for a while yet I think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

try john greene in waterford he had one up till last week in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

Sparks wrote:

Sparks you forgot about irises (front and back), buttplates, sights, bipods, muzzle tubes, and the million other things that you imagine are gonna make you shot straight hundreds all day long :rolleyes:

Or it that just me?

Must be just you DL, I don't have a bipod :D

Don't have a front iris either, though I wouldn't mind one, it'd be less kit to carry and easier to adjust for lighting. The Anschutz buttplate's fine given my level of skill for now (but I use an MEC one for the air rifle and it is actually noticably better). Muzzle tubes are a no-no for me. And my rear iris is a bit complex, but frankly, I'd rather sell it and get a simpler model like on the air rifle. We just don't get the range of conditions you need to justify half the doodads on the bells-n-whistles model.

I'll say this though - I've seen the jackets these NRA boys wear, and how anyone can say the ISSF jackets help you shoot straight whilst wearing an NRA jacket themselves is beyond me - you'd never get through equipment control at an ISSF match with jackets that stiff!

Rovi wrote:
    Can I get in trouble for hating a Moderator?

That looks like a superb price.
    Even with the $101.45 shipping to Ireland, it still only comes to about €270 if it gets hit for full duty and VAT on the way in.

Feck (again)!
    :rolleyes:

Got my Peli case (Browning branded) for €150. Will be interesting to see how much it costs me in over sized luggage though!!!

Rew wrote:
    Got my Peli case (Browning branded) for €150. Will be interesting to see how much it costs me in over sized luggage though!!!
    Why am I feeling a surge of seething hatred?

My last hope is that you'll get dragged off to Gitmo for trying to get that Browning logo onto the plane :D

Seriously though, it sounds like you got a great bargain, well done.

• Advertisement

Rovi wrote:
    Why am I feeling a surge of seething hatred?

My last hope is that you'll get dragged off to Gitmo for trying to get that Browning logo onto the plane :D

Well it raised a few eyebrows but the TSA guys were cool. They x-rayed it then opened it while I was there. I stuck some electronic gear in it that I was bringing home. They swabbed the whole thing for explosives and then sealed it up and sent it on its way.

Unfortunitly its currently MIA as I came through London. Airline are trying to locate atm my other bag arived fine... :(

Advertisement