Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friends....

• 02-11-2006 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I am having a problem with one of my frends... (sorry its a little long)
    Basically 5 girls have been friends for the past 10 years (since school) and we do a lot together with our boyfs, Dinners, Drinks weekends away etc.
    Anyway, Me and one of the girls (Claire) are really close and have been for years, this has escalated in the past year as our boyfs now get on so well that they too are good friends. We went on holidays with them this year, everyone was invited but they all decided on seperate holidays which is fair enough.
    We had a great holiday, all got on great and have since. Our other friends are getting jealous of the friendship, one girl in particular (Anne). Now Anne and I have been friends a little longer but have had our problems over the years but I would class her as good a friend as Claire.
    She thinks that we purposly leave her out and try to exclude her and this is not the case. Both myself and Claire and Bridesmaids for Anne this year. They are friends but not very close and everyone, including Claire was so shocked that she asked her to be bridesmaid.Now Claire has just gotten engaged and asked me to be her Bridesmaid along with her sister. This has driven Anne crazy and I called to her lastnight and had to listen to her crying about how we exclude her etc etc. I told her that I thought she was reading far too much into nothing and left.
    The more I think of it the madder I get. We are 26 its is so Childish to think that I cannot see one of my friends without upsetting others. I sat and thought about all the times I've seen Claire without Anne the past two months and its been 3. Claire called to me for 5 mins the day she got engaged, I called to her a few weeks previous, Anne couldnt come as she already had plans and then last friday, me and my boyf went to Claires for dinner (to ask me to be BM). Anne had plans that night but still got very upset as she was not invited.

Its got to the stage that I hate even mentioning Claires name infront of Anne as she just gives out about her.

This is really stressing me out as I know in the run up to the weddings this is going to become more of an issue.

I am sorry for all the waffling but any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

Overreaction left, right and centre.

Sit her down and explain it. If she doesnt get it then she isnt worth knowing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Having a large group of friends it is very difficult to keep everyone happy. In our circle of friends we also have an 'Anne'. They sound very alike. They see nothing from other peoples points of view & everything is somehow about them, e.g your friend gets engaged (a happy occasion), you are asked to be bridesmaid (another happy occasion)...is she happy for the friend getting married or for you being her bridesmaid? No, she's upset because it doesn't involve her.

Speak to her & explain what a childish twit she is being & how it is upsetting you & making you want to spend less time with her & more time with Claire. If she can't see what the problem is, then maybe, as the other poster says, she is not worth being close friends with any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Why can't U just all get along and be friends !

Advertisement