Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last word new comp number

Options
  • 02-11-2006 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭

the Last Word has a new competition number,53102, and provide a reply message to thank you for entering etc etc.
    I entered as usual tuesday evening with the new number and got a reply straight away, last night i entered about 5pm, Matt announced the winner at 6.30pm and i got my reply at 6.45pm... 15 mins after the winner was announced. i remember a lot of hastle some time ago on yourastar i think with people getting the replies after the lines closed, does anyone know anything about these automated systems and how they work ?

oleras

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

I enjoyed entering the Last Word competitions cos it was a free text from meteor to meteor for me and I even won a weekend away a few months ago. But at leats the price of the texts is standard rate and not 20 or 30 cents. So I don't think that they are profitting from it unlike other stations.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Moved to Nets and Comms where I think they might be able to answer your question.

Feel free to bounce back to Radio if I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

You'll probably find that you've been subject to queuing at either point - in sending the original text or in receiving a reply. In any case, you should probably raise it with TFM. Worst case they'll palm you off to the service provider, best case they'll send you something and bin their provider for someone better. Maybe the number change actually reflects a change in provider and maybe the new provider isn't up to scratch ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

I contacted TodayFM, and got the following reply :

Dear xxx,

Thank you for your mail. In short - yes, your entry would have reached us in plenty of time for the draw. Due to the volume of entries and network congestion there are occasional delays in return messages being received.

Thank you for contacting us - I hope you continue to enjoy the Last Word.

Regards

Tom Hardy, Programme Manager

So, looks like all is well at TodayFM !!

Advertisement