Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Translation Please?

• 02-11-2006 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

d'eirigh me ar maidin agus gheal mo chroi

Could someone translate this and maybe suggest an appropriate response?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Who said that to you?

It literally means "I got up this morning and my heart shone"

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

What would you like to say back.... cant suggest a repsonse unless we have even a rough idea of how you feel abotu the person that said that!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

This reminds me of Irish college and from what I remember it is the opening few lyrics to the do run run:)

I can't find the lyrics online to check but pretty sure:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

Moonbeam wrote:
    This reminds me of Irish college and from what I remember it is the opening few lyrics to the do run run:)

I can't find the lyrics online to check but pretty sure:)

as you sure your not thinking of that other song - blea na mbó - or something like that - if i remember, the opening line was "D'éirigh mé ar maidin is chuaigh mé ag blea na mbó-ó-ó . . ."

Advertisement