Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa letters

Options
  • 02-11-2006 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Years ago if you sent a letter to Santa, lapland, the northpole you would get a reply from Santa. Is this still the case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Ya, An Post were still doing that service last year. Should still be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

How do I avail of this service?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

crosstownk wrote:
    Rabies wrote:
    Ya, An Post were still doing that service last year. Should still be available.

Huh :confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

crosstownk wrote:

Write a letter, address it to Santa, post it.
    You'll get a reply, make sure your letter has your return address on it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

An post do it every year. Its really good, they send a postcard from Santa to everyone who writes a letter.

magnumlady wrote:
    An post do it every year. Its really good, they send a postcard from Santa to everyone who writes a letter.

I checked the An Post website and seen no mention of it..................maybe it's too early or just that they don't mention it so as not to give the game away ;)
    Beruthiel wrote:
    You'll get a reply, make sure your letter has your return address on it

Yeah - I just have to figure out what I want first ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Mine receive emails from Santa (ahem) with lots of very accurate info about each of them much to their amazement.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

In my house we used to put the letter up the chimney about one and a half to two weeks before christmas and santa would come and collect it during the night.
    The first time I heard about posting santa letters in the post box thing was when it came up in conversation with college friends. I was so amazed, as were they about the way I did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

remember the year father christmas got kidnapped?i though christmas was going to be over that year........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭MyBaby

As far as i can remember the address for the an post santa is

The North Pole
    GPO,
    Freepost,
    Dublin 1

I saw it listed in the new tesco christmas magazine. Will double check if i can find the magazine. Thats if the little one didnt rip it to pieces and it was trown out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

We just used to put Santa, The North Pole.
    The lady in the post office kept them all together until Dec 8th and then sent them to the GPO and they sent the postcards back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

I remember sending off letters to santa as a kid and i did get letters back, it was kinda exciting as a kid.
    Beruthiel wrote:

You'll get a reply, make sure your letter has your return address on it

Yeh i remember putting my address on the back of it too.

MyBaby wrote:
    As far as i can remember the address for the an post santa is

The North Pole
    GPO,
    Freepost,
    Dublin 1

I saw it listed in the new tesco christmas magazine. Will double check if i can find the magazine. Thats if the little one didnt rip it to pieces and it was trown out lol

Thanks - that's what I was looking for! If you find the magazine has different address let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

You can also PM me and I'll reply back :D

crosstownk wrote:
    Thanks - that's what I was looking for! If you find the magazine has different address let me know.

No probs, will have a look later after work.

Ok to confirm the address is:

Santa Claus
    North Pole,
    GPO,
    Dublin 1

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭hazeler

A friend of mine and I had the "do an Post still send out replies?" conversation last week and she popped down to our local post office in Limerick. my daughter is 5 and has never recieved a postcard back like I did when I was young. The lady behind the counter told my friend that An Post no longer offered that service and the kids who send their letters through an Post would not recive a reply. She said that the reason she felt was so many kids and so little time, she also commented on the fact that the Limerick Leader, our local paper, asked kids to send their letters into them and they would print them in the friday broadsheet edition!

I wonder is it only the GPO in Dublin who send out replies to the kids who send their letters through there?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sasmac

I work for An post and they still do the letters and as far as i know it is country wide. There is a cut of date and all replies will be sent out on the 18 of December so get your letters in early so there is no upset faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

The service is still available in Donegal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 tiggs

hi... I dont have any children but for the past number of years I have done up Santa reply letters and sent them for friends children, my niece and nephew and my bosses grankids... ya can really personalise them - and a bit of clip art goes a long way!!

That's how we cover it... must get working on them this year.. every year theres more to do!!

All this talk about crimbo....

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 sharonlarkin

Hi, I found some lovely santa replies on ebay. I got 3 for about 10 euros. Beautifully decorated, stamped with a North Pole stamp. They use the childs name and age. Well worth the price. I cant wait to see the kids faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭banaco73

They has the santa post bag in my post office today

Dublin 18 Sandyford

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

The girl I sit next to at work does the whole Santa reply letter things aswell. She has no kids and loves doing things for other peoples children you know. maybe I'll ask her to do mine in trade for a mince pie this year...but it would be nice to bring my daughter to a post box and let her actually "post" the letter herself. It's a nice service from An Post though isn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Years ago I worked for An Post (or rather P7T) and wrote a couple of those form letters, which were used for years. Wonder if they still use my ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i work for a radio station in cork and we hand out letters for kids to fill in, then we take them back to the station and everyone gets a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

They defo do this from the GPO in Dublin. A relation of mine works in the office that among many other things handle all the weird stuff which inlucdes sending out the santa letters. My wife has a Monty and he sends her a load of them every year for her kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

If I remember correctly, An Post staff do this in their own time, unpaid. If so, its appreciated very much guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I wonder could the Santa Strike Force send emails?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Tigress

If you post your childs letter to Santa through An Post do you ever get that Santa letter back!

Advertisement