Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa letters

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭mmmmmmm.......

huh i never heard of this service but it sounds great.we should take it one step further and do what the swedish do-basically your neighbour comes in dressed as santa every christmas and hands the presents out himself and then you pay back your neighbour by doing the same thing!its brilliant and works great,except the kids get a bit suspisious when they reach about 5 years old and realise santa looks a lot like mammy and daddys friends!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Tigress wrote: »
    If you post your childs letter to Santa through An Post do you ever get that Santa letter back!

My mother-in-law recently found a couple of old Santa letters her kids had written years ago and it was lovely to see them! They hadn't been posted though.

When we were kids we would write our letters, our mother would read them (to check for spelling etc and to see we were polite and grateful for last years presents ;)) and then we'd throw them in the fire. The smoke would go up the chimney and take them to Santa. It worked for us! We never got a reply though but we didn't realise that anyone else did so we weren't bothered. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Wouldn't know... Our Dad took us to Santa's Grave when we were knee height.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Tigress wrote: »
    If you post your childs letter to Santa through An Post do you ever get that Santa letter back!

Nope. An post pass them on to the post men in the North pole who deliver them to Santa
    Wouldn't know... Our Dad took us to Santa's Grave when we were knee height.....:D

Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated !!!

On a serious note, when we were kids Santa used to read out what we wanted on RTE radio 1 on christmas eve...always made me feel special ! (same as an post, send letters to santa rte radio centre, donnybrook, dublin 4)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

huh i never heard of this service but it sounds great.we should take it one step further and do what the swedish do-basically your neighbour comes in dressed as santa every christmas and hands the presents out himself and then you pay back your neighbour by doing the same thing!its brilliant and works great,except the kids get a bit suspisious when they reach about 5 years old and realise santa looks a lot like mammy and daddys friends!!:D

Yeah, I've done this one more than a few occasions. Good times :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

http://www.emailsanta.com/

For the tech geek children in your family. Send Santa an email by clicking options to form a letter, and you get an instant personalised reply that they can print off!

I's also great for older kids who might be doubting his existence. It kinda had me believing again... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but apparently they are NOT doing Santa letters this year, or so a post office in Cork told me yesterday. They may have stacks of generic letters available for collection in the coming weeks for parents etc. to collect but looks like scrooge has tightened his belt on the free postage! Bit mad really they had a letters to santa box and all, and I only found out because I asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

This is fantastic, I never knew this existed

Just assumed An Post dumped the letters

Fair play An Post

The idea was that the postage wasn't free. You had to put a stamp on the "letter to santa" in order to get a reply and that was infact the cost of your reply being delivered to your child.

Last year I just did up a lovely letter and printed it on a colour printer and posted it myself back to my daughter. It's nice because it is personalised for her. I'll be doing the same this year :)

• Administrators Posts: 14,057 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

The ritual in our house (only started last year when the eldest was older enough to realise what a letter was...!) is the letters get written, they put them in an envelope, address it to

Santy
    The North Pole

go to the post office - buy their own stamp, stick it on the letter, drop it in the post box and a while later a postcard/card thing arrives in the door, delivered by our An Post postman.. from the main man.

We got our reply last year. This year we haven't managed to get out to the post office yet.. but are hoping to do so early next week.

An Post send the replies (well Santy sends them.. An post delivers them!) I'm 33, and I used to get them many moons ago, and last year was the first year we sent off letters from our house, and they also got them back.

The Address

Santy
    The North Pole

no more, no less, always worked for us!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Dipsy

This is a great alternative!! A video message from Santa. Its quick and easy to use and you get your video from Santa straight away :) They will love it :cool:

www.portablenorthpole.tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

hi all be delighted to know for definate if they are doing the replies this year regards brian

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭CeNedra

Guys,

If you check the an post web site, the directions are pretty clear, as follows:

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/Christmas/Santa+Letters/Letters+to+Santa.htm

''Santa Post bulletin: Send your letter soon
    Chief Elf, Feargal says "We are very busy here in the workshop. We have received so many of your letters. "

Children write your letter to Santa Claus, and post it off to

Santa Claus
    North Pole

Provided you write early, and include a clearly written name and address, Santa's helpers in An Post will make sure you receive a personal reply from the great man himself, just before Christmas.

An Post has been helping Santa reply to children's letters free of charge for more than 20 years.''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭amber2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

thanks mate

Advertisement