Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wing mirror rampage

Options
  • 02-11-2006 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Theres a thread in Dublin City forum (link) about wing mirrors under constant attack around the Rathmines area. I myself had my wing mirror kicked off one night and it seems that loads of people have. Is there any value in kicking off someones wing mirror and taking it, or are these people just doing it for mindless fun (although I cant imagine kicking your 100th wing mirror off to be that much fun).

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Cianos wrote:
    Is there any value in kicking off someones wing mirror and taking it, or are these people just doing it for mindless fun (although I cant imagine kicking your 100th wing mirror off to be that much fun).

:confused:

I know if it was my area I would arrange a group of neighbours, try and cover all the st's in the area they strike and wait. First time you see someone do it give them the beating of there life so they won't do it again.

No point in calling the Garda on this one because half the time althou they try our cr*p legal system will get them off because there is no proof they done the rest of the mirrors!!

Harsh but fair, I would hate it if someone done it to my car and if I found out who done it I would use the above puinshment

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Big Nelly wrote:
    I know if it was my area I would arrange a group of neighbours, try and cover all the st's in the area they strike and wait. First time you see someone do it give them the beating of there life so they won't do it again.

No point in calling the Garda on this one because half the time althou they try our cr*p legal system will get them off because there is no proof they done the rest of the mirrors!!

Harsh but fair, I would hate it if someone done it to my car and if I found out who done it I would use the above puinshment
    Do your neighbours function on the same Neandarthal level as yourself? I can't see mine perpetrating assault & battery over a €200 wing mirror.

Anan1 wrote:
    Neandarthal

No but we can spell, Neanderthal:D dont use the big words, you only get confused!!

No probs if you like people bashing up your car for no reason so you can fork out, give us your neighbourhood and we can send the lads around.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

As a pedant I would say it's actually it's more correct to write "Neandertal"....

On the mirror front I would tend to agree with Big Nelly. Some people just need a scare or grab em and call the police(dodgier area though). Maybe a couple of cheap CCTV cams on a few neighbours houses and then call the fuzz.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Big Nelly wrote:
    No probs if you like people bashing up your car for no reason so you can fork out, give us your neighbourhood and we can send the lads around.
    Read my post again. S-l-o-w-l-y.

• Advertisement

Anan1 wrote:
    Read my post again. S-l-o-w-l-y.

You can read it as slowly as you want but if you dont mind people kicked off your mirror or according to you your neighbours dont then why not send them over to you.

Spelling out slowly doesnt make a differnece that you tried to use a big word and failed! back to primary school for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Wibbs wrote:
    As a pedant I would say it's actually it's more correct to write "Neandertal"....

It's kiddie-fiddlers like you that need a good hiding :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

milltown wrote:
    What a bizarre statement. You sad sad individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Drax wrote:
    What a bizarre statement. You sad sad individual.

Did anyone else hear the whistle as that went straight over Drax's head?

Big Nelly wrote:
    You can read it as slowly as you want but if you dont mind people kicked off your mirror or according to you your neighbours dont then why not send them over to you.
    Where did I say that I "don't mind people kicked off my mirror"? I didn't. Like I said, read my post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

lol at this thread. now now children.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

milltown wrote:
    and now we have another motors user taking a weeks holidays!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

R.O.R wrote:
    Did anyone else hear the whistle as that went straight over Drax's head?

Yeah I got it :D

On-topic, on Thursday night I heard two bins being knocked over and then a steady 'Whack!...whack!...whack!' coming down the street. Looked out the windw and three kids were kicking the wing mirrors off every car on the street. They were getting closer to my car when I opened the door and shouted at them...thankfully my neighbour was also coming out his door with a baseball bat so they cleared off sharpish.

Turns out they had been turfed out of the shop at the top of the road for causing trouble so decided to take it out on peoples cars instead...b*stards! :mad: I called the cops and told them about the CCTV footage in the shop. Incidentally, I moved my car to another street and came across some cops questioning some kids on the side of the road. Fast work to get a unit down there so quick :)

Advertisement