Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N72 on Meteor

• 02-11-2006 3:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Hey, after asking here a couple of weeks ago about new phones that Meteor might be getting, they have released the Nokia N72.

Just wondering if anyone has thoughts on it? I gather the keypad is quite on the small/annoying side?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

No mention of this phone on meteor site? Where is it available?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Its on the Billpay phones - here.

Apparently there are a few more new one to be released before Christmass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

No sign of that there.

I've heard decent things about the phone. Keypad is similar to the N70 one. A bit small but not unusably so.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

chrislad wrote:
    No sign of that there.

I've heard decent things about the phone. Keypad is similar to the N70 one. A bit small but not unusably so.

i can see it alright, not impressed, if 3 are launching the n73 this isn't too hot. i'm eligible for an upgrade but meteor have nothing that i'd prefer over the k750i I have. they have no info about what may or may not be coming no matter who you talk to or email. useless feckers!

seriously thinking of moving to 02 or 3 just to get a decent handset...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

First review I found of it here.

Was looking to upgrade from SE K750i and was thinking of getting the Samsung D900 but then came across this.

Looks interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

kearnsr wrote:

Yeah, saw that review today too. Seems the problems are too small keypad and the slidey thing on the back may cause hassle. Think I might get it at the weekend.

Was going to move to o2 for the Blackberry, but I really can't justify giving away the free meteor to meteor calls and texts (the missus is 085 too like).

As for 3.. I've just heard too many horror stories about them - crap customer service, launching phones with little testing (leading to a huge amount of returns) etc.

I really wanted to stick with Nokia, so this may be the best option so far.. disagree with me?

kearnsr wrote:

Was looking to upgrade from SE K750i and was thinking of getting the Samsung D900 but then came across this.

Looks interesting

what do you feel you are gaining over the k750i? i'm holding out for the k800i or the n73, but if meteor are going to wait for non 3G versions of them it could be a long wait...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

daveym wrote:
    what do you feel you are gaining over the k750i? i'm holding out for the k800i or the n73, but if meteor are going to wait for non 3G versions of them it could be a long wait...

I've had the SE K750i for over a year now and was just thinking of changing it.

The D900 looks nice but doesnt get great reviews.

The N72 looks nice but again doesnt get great reviews.

Was also looking at the Nokia 6233 as well

kearnsr wrote:
    I've had the SE K750i for over a year now and was just thinking of changing it.

The D900 looks nice but doesnt get great reviews.

The N72 looks nice but again doesnt get great reviews.

Was also looking at the Nokia 6233 as well

i guess am in the same boat then, nothing wrong with the k750i just fancy a change..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Meteor have had 3G phones in their stock. They had the N91 so they might get other 3G phones. N72 is 3G too, if I recall correctly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement