Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of telephone exchanges?

Options
  • 02-11-2006 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, is there any way to find what exchange Im connected to via my phone number? It is currently not BroadBand enabled and Id like to know where it is so I can bawl to almighty Eircom.
    Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭motormouthmable

smarttelecom broadband checker tells yu the exchange you're connected to

http://www.smarttelecom.ie/ --> put your number in the red field

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Nice one dude, cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

Is there any other way of find out which exchange your on other than giving Smart your telephone number???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

tell me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    tell me :p

Wish i knew...There has to be a list somewhere of all the telephone exchanges. Well obviously eircom and smart have it.

Anyone??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Smart's list is out of date/inaccurate. It doesn't know about numbers ported away from the exchange entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

admol wrote: »
    Wish i knew...There has to be a list somewhere of all the telephone exchanges. Well obviously eircom and smart have it.

Anyone??

Eircom consider it sensitive information and will never release it to joe soap. Any any other ISP with the list won't give it out either for fear of their relationship going sour with eircom
    watty wrote: »
    Smart's list is out of date/inaccurate. It doesn't know about numbers ported away from the exchange entirely.

Would increase the database size needlessly. Those line checkers just work to see if the number falls in a certain range that is assigned to an exchange and I think most people would be aware that they've ported their number away

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It would make the database smaller, if numbers removed. You'd be amazed what people think in regard how their Internet/Phone works/connects.

Advertisement