Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cleaning Laptop Screen

• 02-11-2006 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

So basically had a row with my bro this morning which ended in him pouring a 2L bottle of 7up over me and the laptop... Thankfully it seems to be working fine and I've dried it up but it's a little bit sticky and the screen is a mess.

Any suggestions for cleaning the screen? I don't have any proper cleaner and can't get any for the moment, so any safe options in the interim? Water's not really doing much good....

*edit* Woot! post 100... obviously spending my break from work productively!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

When I don't have those 3m screen wipes, I just use the cloth that came with my pair of glasses, works a treat. Any lint-free cloths you have will be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You may need a slightly damp cloth to get the sticky bits off.

Oh, and a slice of lemon. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭nando

Thanks very much for the replies - I'll give it a shot! The space bar is also quite sticky when you press it ... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

first forgive me for my laugh:D wat a brother!

last time i used alcohol(those for cleaning purpose) to clean up my laptop(almost every parts,i screwdriver open all the parts),do that once per year,i like it clean:p

just drop small amount of alcohol on a piece of cloth(i mean really small amount,u dont want to malfunction it;) ,and water as well) clean them first,then use water to clean them secondly,then dry it with a clean dry clothes.remember to make the procedures fast!:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭nando

Aww they're soooo cute! I bet they'd love the sticky 7up taste too.

Thanks for all the replies - the screen is sorted now. (still got a sticky space bar though :p)

Advertisement