Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 monitors

Options
  • 02-11-2006 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

i just got an extra monitor off som1 and after a while of messin about finally got the 2 working together. my only problem is that im usin 2 6600GT gpu's and for the monitors to work i have to come out of SLI mode and restart the comp to get them to work.

the problem is is that wen i want to play games and use the 2 gpu.s in SLI mode together for better graphics and OCing i lose the other monitor.

So does any1 know if u can set it up as to have the monitors working together with SLI mode ON so i wont have to keep changing settings and restarting comp.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Not possible I'm afraid SLI only allows one monitor to be used when operational.

Though this limitation is rumoured to be lifted in the GeForce 8 series there is no confirmation yet.

The only way to work around this with GeForce 6 & 7 series cards is to use three graphics cards 2 in SLI + 1 as a standalone. For example get a cheap {ATI} PCI card, this posting here covers the topic a little bit.

Advertisement