Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting times

Options
  • 02-11-2006 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed the increase in commuting times. It used to take me max 1 hour to get home in the evenings. It has now been increased to 1 hour 30 each evening.

I believe it is down to the increased number of houses/apartments going up and no change to the infrastructure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

What's your route?

I'm an N2 user, and I've noticed an improvement in commuting times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Yes whats your route, I think it all depends on what time you are on the road, both morning and early evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Yep used to do it 35 minutes and now its taking me 39!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Navan Junction

If you are talking about anywhere near the N3, chances are it's all of the roadworks, everywhere

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Went from Shercock to the Point Depot on Sunday evening in 1 hour 35 mins on the N3. Most of the journey along the N3 was at 60-80 kmph and one piss stop. Didn't think it was too bad considering the speed I was doing and the traffic once I hit Blanchardstown.

Couldn't believe some of the drivers on the N3 though. It was one car holding up all of the traffic and he/she would not go onto the hard shoulder to let anyone past. It was impossible to pass with all of the traffic on the other side. I'm not patient at the best of times but god I had to be on Sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

I hate that when your driving along and the person up front is 20 kmh below the limit, with all the oncoming traffic there is nowhere to go!

I do navan to carrickmacross in 40 mins appx

Advertisement