Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting skirts

Options
  • 02-11-2006 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Any ideas on painting skirting boards where carpets are already in place. Any handy tips ?
    Tks n adv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

its not that difficult to pull up the carpet, just dont do it too often as the edges can fray
    Other than that use lots of masking tape...though you will still have a gap I reckon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 natbraddy

after masking use a bit of card off a cereal box to push down inbetween the carpet and skirt and slide along as you paint just be careful when pulling it away as it can drip i find that very handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The way I do it is 1.5 inch masking tape, but the trick is when applying it to use a dry brush (a paint brsh will do) to push the tape down into carpet and sealing the gap so that paint running down onto the tape doesn't bleed in behind it.

Some people prefer to wait until the paint has hardened before pulling the tape....I prefer to pull it immeadiately after I'm done for a neater finish, but you need to be careful that the tape doesn't fall back on the carpet and undo all your caution...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

natbraddy wrote:
    after masking use a bit of card off a cereal box to push down inbetween the carpet and skirt and slide along as you paint just be careful when pulling it away as it can drip i find that very handy

ditto. worked a treat for me recently. Just remember that painting is a job that cant be rushed. If you do rush it make sure you have barry scott on hand to clean your carpets

Advertisement