Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire Broadband any good??

Options
  • 02-11-2006 7:23pm

Does anyone know if Clearwire is any good?? I am currently living in Dunlaoghaire. If not is there any other broadband companies beside BT and eircom that will work in that direction

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Welcome to the broadband section. Do a quick search of boards.ie for "clearwire". I just did a simple scan and came up with this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this and this.

There are many more but this has been discussed to death and people are sick of it. Search boards.ie and you will find your information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭Niall1234

Don't go with Clearwire if you want to use P2P programmes.

They block Bittorrent, Limerwire etc and even block downloading from certain IRC servers I hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

As the ad says....it's the American Way......

I've never quite understood the need to advertise this, but all I can think of is that it means that when THEY reckon something's wrong, they'll go in to fix it and make it worse, while if the rest of the world thinks something's wrong, they're anti-American. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Liam Byrne wrote:
    As the ad says....it's the American Way......

I've never quite understood the need to advertise this, but all I can think of is that it means that when THEY reckon something's wrong, they'll go in to fix it and make it worse, while if the rest of the world thinks something's wrong, they're anti-American. ;)

Very good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Today Clearwire send me an e-mail to contact them urgently about my inquiry. So when I mail back "What inquiry" they tell me that I have checked their online coverage a while ago and that they now are also in my area.

Well the fun is, I had Clearwire since nearly 1 year. Well sort of.. I used it for surfing as anything else is not possible with them.

I think Liam Byrne sad it all above...

• Advertisement
Advertisement