Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using 3G phone as modem

Options
  • 02-11-2006 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I have recently purchased a 3G phone (Motorlla V3X) from 3, and was wondering if anyone knows if I can use it to access the internet from my computer.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭paul moore

Yes it can be done but can be costly i think.Did you get "modem Software" in the box ???
    The last motorlla i had was the first 3g one they had and it worked no problem,i just ran the software & within 5 mins i was online.......
    Did they include a cable ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bargainman

Not sure! I will have to check this evening :)
    Any idea on how costly? I cann't seem to find any prices on the three website. It is either use my mobile, or get a phone line installed and sign up for a years contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

bargainman wrote:
    Not sure! I will have to check this evening :)
    Any idea on how costly? I cann't seem to find any prices on the three website. It is either use my mobile, or get a phone line installed and sign up for a years contract.

i think voda and o2 are launching a flat rate on 3g very soon, could be a good solution for people living rural. anyone use 3g for gaming and if so whats the ping like????????

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Vodafone already have flatrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

i have 3g built in in my laptop dell d820 (voda - think its ~50 a month for up to they claim unlimited but there is a 5Gb cap where they cut ppls contract connects off without notice so ive read)will be activated maybe by tuesday :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

We tried using the phone but it was painful! So got this:

http://www.irishwomenonline.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1613

And the €49pm flat rate broadband.

It's working really well. I leave it on constantly and I'm online alot anyway, so far no complaints from Vodafone about fair usage!

Hth,

Deb

Advertisement