Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IceComms - My speed today - worse even than when i had IBB

Options
  • 02-11-2006 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Since Icecomms wont answer their phones i am going to post our speed here very often.
    I know they have very few customers on boards but anyone else having problems please post your speed here too.
    Maybe they will see the problems people are having and fix them since they are not answering their phones. Or maybe they'll just keep ignoring them.

Our speed is 37.4Kbs down and 153Kbs
    This is supposed a 2MB up 2MB down business connection from ICE broadband.
    It has been like this or worse for 2.5 months now.

Untitled-1.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 DonalMcTavish

Tonights speed

42Kbps down 100Kbps up

Wow we are approaching the amazing heights of dialup speed tonight.

Have a look at this thread of other happy (NOT) Ice customers

http://www.irishisptest.com/forum/other-providers/192-icecomms-speed-problem.html

Todays icecomms speeds

94kbps down 135kbps up

Pings to anywhere not ever less than 5000ms

This isnt broadband now is it?

Days of problems and crap service from Ice 'broadband' = 65 Days
    No of phone calls to Ice support = approx 25.
    No of times Ice have said they have fixed the problem. = approx 10

This is depressing.

A new record in slowness at the moment.
    For the past 2 hours the best speed we have got is 3Kbps down. Thats about 18 times worse than dial up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

What base station are you off?
    What phone number are you calling?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭dclifford

I too have noticed very slow speeds over the last few weeks. Sent 1 email, but no reply. Last night it was near dial up speeds.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Have some posters problems with Ice, like being ex disgruntled employees or are they genuine?

What masts/basestation are you on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Have some posters problems with Ice, like being ex disgruntled employees or are they genuine?

What a silly statement.

How many ex disgruntled employees to you think they might have?

Unless you make it about half of their customers that i have read about or spoken too then you are talking sh!te. I cant believe you think all of the people who post about ice problems might be ex disgruntled employees.

There are threads and posts by many people about Ice here at askaboutmoney.com, at irishisptest.com forums.

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=38889

http://www.irishisptest.com/forum/other-providers/192-icecomms-speed-problem-3.html

and many more.

Ice has simply turned into the most useless ISP this country has ever seen. They have made using Voip and broadband a chore for their customers. They have lied about the causes of the problems and they have not fixed the problems. Go to Ices website, Is there a message saying what the problems are, how long they have had them and when they will be fixed - No.
    Look at their testimonials. I wonder what 'Largo Foods' or 'Mr. Roger Cladingboel' would say about Ice now . Are they still receiving great service or were they working for Ice. (maybe someone should look them up and give them a call :))

With newsgroups today companies can no longer hide bad service by telling the caller that they are the only one having problems and they are helping them personally. Now people can share their problems with the community and see if others are having the same problems as they are.

Well. guess what. There are many many people having problems with ice. People are posting their own experiences, which are 99% bad, consistently over the last 2 and a half months.

If ice were to fix the problems these people would have no need to post anything about icecomms. But they have not fixed the problems at all. They have lied and said they were fixed, or the wind blew everyone masts out of line or its their own computers causing the problems.

Ice have been so bad that people have had to post to newsgroups to find out if others are having the same problems, because they cant believe what ice say anymore. They need to look up other peoples experiences.

Just google "Icecomms broadband" and see what you get.

I takes a lot of bad service to have info about your bad service to occupy the top few slots in a google search.
    I would think that most people looking for broadband will google the companies they may buy service from first. ANd its not good news for Ice.

All Ice have to do is give customers the service they pay for. Thats all customers expect. What could be simpler?

The last thing i'll say is that I myself have posted some really positive things about Ice in the past, but any joy with Ice went out of my life at the end of August. That is the date their service went to muck and has been disgraceful ever since.

Sorry about the rant
    Edited it down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

JimmySmith wrote:
    What a silly statement.

How many ex disgruntled employees to you think they might have?

It only takes one.

I just posed a question and you went off on a rant. I checked the links you posted and it seems they are the same posters as here. Different usernames, same exact cribs.

I also googled as you suggested and guess what, same posts!

As an Ice customer (at home) I have not had any bad service, at least they could supply broadband, unlike eircom who don't have enough copper in my line to provide it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Tr1PoD

Just because your service is ok that means its not ok for other people to complain?

Ice for me has gone to the dogs. Ping times are 4000k now during peak and 1500k offpeak and thats just pinging thier tower.

They fobbed me off on the phone told me it would be all sorted on Saturday but no improvement.

2.7Mbps Down and 1.8Mbps Upload

No dropouts and constant speed
    This has been like this since yesterday.
    There havent been 2 days straight in the last 2.5 months that everything has been ok.

So its looking good for now. Hopefully Ice have got their problems sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Tr1PoD

Was great for me yesterday but back to 2k ping tonight.

Tonight.

2.7Mbps Down and 1.8Mbps Upload

No dropouts and constant speed

Still holding good.
    Thats 3 days straight its been perfect now.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

Yeah...now my has got worse again...response back is...

"i see that your a customer connected to the derrinstown mast. your service will improve immediately upon

upgrading of this mast , replacement of new equipment is currently being done. These works will be complete by mid next week."

Anyone get this before?

still perfect here.
    Its been that way almost a week now.
    Longest good service in months

Still miserable...700 down speed using onspeed, 650 down and 67 up using blacknight and i'm paying for 2mb both ways, they are promising resolution be mid week but has been pure rubbish last 2 months,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭zuzu

hello all...

i too am having problems with ice broadband over the last month. im supposed to have 2Mbps download and 256Kbps upload and all im getting is a miserable 8.84kbps download at some times. not happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

I've given up trying to get them to sort out my connection. It's cancellation time for me.

gone to sh*ite again for the last week.
    No voip possible, speeds and pings terrible.

It lasted about a month on perfect service and now rubbish again.

I really do hope we're not back to the terrible service that we had for 2 and a half months. Are we Ice?

Ditto, even though never really got a months good service, has been pure garbage for the last 3 months. Was supposed to be back to normal today (said that to me a month ago as well mind you :mad: ). No answers on phones. Going to cancel direct debit tomorrow and have told them I'm going to small claims court to get last 3 months fees back. Really pissed with them 'cause I recommended them highly a few months ago to all and sundry including on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭dclifford

This is the reply that I got by email Yesterday:
    "I apologise for the slow speeds which you are receiving. All the equipment for the upgrade has arrived and we have our engineers working on it at the moment but we have been held back by the bad weather, as the upgrade involves climbing the mast and building a structure onto the side of it.

The work shouldn't take too much longer, but I cannot give you an exact date. Weather permitting it'll be sorted this weekend."

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

• Advertisement

Got same story except that upgrade work on mast is done and needs to be ok'ed by comreg???? Anyhow, after going through a few phone calls...the tech support lads were sick of it (out of thier control really) & managed to get someone who offered 4 weeks refund + 1 week at 4MB business pack. Didn't take it...got 6 weeks instead (i.e. from date first complained) and agreement that will not have to pay until ok again (ie if not ok next week don't pay that either)...still frustrating...I'm pratically back on dial up at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭TCollins

107kbps down
    143kbps up

pings 3000 and over

on 2Mbps business package, clear line of sight and less than 1 mile to the mast.
    Its been terrible like this since september. It was ok for 3 weeks over christmas but since last week has gone back to the terrible service i have become accustomed to for the last 4 months.

ice keep giving excuses but havent fixed it, though they claim it is fixed every time i ring them. It is for a few hours after i call them, but then it goes to pot again. It has gotten to the stage that i have to ring them if i really need good speeds for an hour. and then it goes to **** again.

They also tell me that no-one else is having problems. is this true?

Truly a terrible service. I hope digiweb hurry up and get out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Our service goes up and down, but I've given up ringing them as they just lie to you.

Once an alternative high-speed provider is available in our area (ashbourne) we'll be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Thank god I didn't go for ICE Comms then :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I was gonna go with Ice as well 2 years ago but about a month later DSL became available and got that instead, from the sound of things im glad I made the right choice, It may be eircom, I dont like them but at least it works the way it should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭tonton-bob

Is the service bad too in Dublin ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

tonton-bob wrote:
    Is the service bad too in Dublin ?

Yes. Has been for months.

Pings to UK 300-3000 and never get anywhere near decent download speeds.

I've had it...got better alright after xmas and got a 2 month no pay due to crap service...but still not anywhere near should be (~1.5 down and 300 up vs. 2 up&down I'm paying for)...going to dump them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭tonton-bob

Adey2002 wrote:
    Yes. Has been for months.

Pings to UK 300-3000 and never get anywhere near decent download speeds.

Well that's a big problem for me then :(

I'll go for wireless since i ordered utv broadband ago 2 months ago and due to " there might be some problems with your line " i won't get anything...

I was hoping that Icecomms pings ( since i'm a gamer ) wouldn't be that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

The broadband forum is a well known haunt for PR in competing companies to attempt to flame their opposition.
    Its why you ignore posters with very few posts.
    Most posters are genuine, but some are fairly blatant.

Advertisement