Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please Help Me

• 02-11-2006 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I've been shopping around for the last 2 weeks for a laptop. These (give or take) are the spec i'm looking for. (i want to run autocad 2006 and games)

Intel core 2 duo processor 2.0ghz
    2Gigs Ram
    100 Gigs HD
    17" screen
    Nvidia GeForce Go7600 or ATI Mobility Radeon X1600

I've started out looking at a dell inspiron 9400, but the free double memory deal is over, so they're definitly on the expensive side now.

Then i looked at the Acer aspire 9513, which looks savage and was going to buy, till i read all the bad stuff about acers and laptopsdirect.

Then looked at the Hp pavilion dv9022ea. Which looks good, but then i read about hp's overheating and all that jazz.

What is the most reliable make of laptop? Is the stuff about acers and hp's over exaggerated?? Is it just a case of a few bad apples?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Buy whichever one you like best and is the best value for you , you will have a warranty regardless , with computer stuff , if it doesnt die in the first few weeks then it probably wont.

Something to remember about forums or any site where normal users make comments about stuff ,

No one ever logs on to recommend something , you will only ever see complaints , and largely these really are the unlucky few.

I have seen Acers , HP's and even Dells last for years without any complaints and this is the rule rather than the exception.

Enjoy whichever one you choose .

Advertisement