Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riddlers and The Boatclub are closed, where do young bands play now??

Options
  • 02-11-2006 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

The Highstool is long gone, the Boatclub has lost its licence and Riddlers had its "last ever gig" on Halloween night. Where do the young smaller bands play now. Not only that but where does the Rock crowd go now???
    I dont think Nestors counts either, that Rock bar dosn't seem to be working.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The high stool flouted its license by staying open serving pints until 5am on numerous occasions.

EDIT : got riddlers and russels mixed up.

Anyway, my comments on the high stool stand. They were begging to be shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

If they could only re-open quinns.

Costellos surely still provides upstairs gigs ?

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭motormouthmable

bullets wrote:

since when?
    i remember costelloes upstairs as an overcrowded shabby place with a DJ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

bullets wrote:
    If they could only re-open quinns.

~B

Stoltz sold the Quinn's building months ago.
    The whole block in fact.

As far as I know he's now retired, and on permanent holiday.
    Quinn's was sh*te for the last four or so years anyway!
    The area that used to hold the gigs, in the back became a permanent weekend gay nightclub.

Costello's hasn't had upstairs gigs since the old Termites closed.
    That was like all of Flan's Christmases coming at once, as Costello's was packed every night.
    The "new" Termites has an occasional gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Bakers bar seems to be the only place putting on original bands at the moment, maybe bar 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Riddlers is reopening in the not too distant future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Miss Freddy

heard that the globe is closing for good, not just for rennovations like they originally said, rumour has it that the gay set are moving from the globe to bar 3 so prob not too much rockin' going on down there either. balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 shane2005

Love Leisure, Love limerick. Seems like an oversight alright- no original live music happening anywhere in city centre after this thursday night.
    Think the belltable might be open to suggestions and the impact theatre space has been used for music although mostly acoustic.
    However hopefully some santa claus will bring good news for Limerick gig goers- you never know ;)

Advertisement