Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

City Channel Waterford Report

• 02-11-2006 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭

Just wondering did anyone see the the Waterford Report on City Channel last night. There was a report about the KRM Development it was intereseting. There was a spokesman for KRM talking about the development and Tony Byrne from his garage on on the pro side of the argument, and of course McCann from the WASCID (or whatever its called) and the owner for the Army stores on the anti side.

McCann gave a very interesting arguement and I was nearly on his side until he said something along the lines of 'I'll keep objecting' He was also going on about NEED and WANT saying that we might WANT the shops but do we NEED them.

Sometimes I think need and want can be one in the same.

The owner of the Army Stores was saying how he was nearly put out of business when the car park was being built. So he is personally going to keep objecting til either the development goes away or it is posponed indefinately. He was said something that I thought was strange as well about City Square and dunnes stores. He said something like 'people said this town would be nothing if dunnes didn't come here. Well it came and you don't hear anything about it now. He alsos said that there were than enough shops in Waterford.

On the Pro side Tony Byrne was talkin about how great it'll be for Waterford if the development goes ahead, 'cause his daughters and their friends are always traveling to Clonmel and Kilkenny and Cork to get a better selection of shops, and would it be great if those shops came to Waterford so that those people that travel to get shops will now spend there money in Waterford and create jobs in Waterford.

I turned over just after that so if anyone has anything to add please do so, if I've missed anything sorry.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

yeah they were out in dunmore today , we were passing them in the car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Forgot we had a new channel, will catch up tomorrow.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭deisemum

Does anyone know if it will be repeated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭deisemum

I agree, The only Waterford connection that I've seen is a couple of mins featuring McConnells garage, the rest was Dublin based. Bring back Waterford @ 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

give it a chance, they only launched the channel a few days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Bards

Yes but they only started reporting Waterford Stories since Wednesday 1st November

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭jmcc

Bards wrote:
    Yes but they only started reporting Waterford Stories since Wednesday 1st November
    So it is just RTE lite?

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement