Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Red Bus....

Options
  • 02-11-2006 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

....You know them, the fugly ones with no leg room, the City Direct ones that serve Knocknarra, Rahoon etc.

Do they have a Weekly/Monthly ticket or do I have to arse around and look for change every morning? How much are they? Do I pick them up from the driver or from an office somewhere?

I'd ask the driver but I hate it when people hold up the show and ask the driver stupid questions so I ain't gonna be one of them.

Cheers lads!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

Im pretty sure you are gunna be arsing around for change every morning, i couldn't be certain but im 70% sure!Man I hate them busses,they go THE most arseways way into town ever and maybe its just me and maybe them busses just hate me but they always break down...what is with that????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

I love that bus! Used to live in Dangan and it was cheaper and more reliable than
    the Bus Éireann one.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Yeah they're *way* more reliable and they're more regular and faster. I remember seeing a sign that they accept some form of travel ticket, sure ring them up or email them, they have a website!

City Direct - 091-860 814
    http://www.citydirectgalway.com/bus_galway_buses_inquiries.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fantacan

No No. The ticket is for "London Bus Travelcards" i think. Probs because they bought the busses from London and didn't bother taking the posters down. You can't beat a good old trip on a red bus tho. Granted, they are always packed with shams playing ringtones and do take arseways routes. Frequetn and reliable tho! And no, i don't think you can buy any pass. Just to pay €1.30 every time. And i remember when they wer 80c!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

fantacan wrote:
    And i remember when they wer 80c!

It was'nt that long ago.
    Anyway, il use them before CIE ,at least they are on time and do actually come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

City Direct FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

I miss the wee red fun bus, Sligo has two buses to do the whole bleding "city". That's including Strandhill and Rosses Point. It's like getting the bus from Castle Park to Eyre Square by way of Oranmore. :( Fozzle does muchly walking now.

Advertisement