Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some advice please!

Options
  • 02-11-2006 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

ok im looking to get two things

First: im looking for a SILENT psu, really the quieter the better! have around 100e for this was looking at the seasonics on komplett, dont think i need anything too heavy on the juice, only have to one gfx and there will probably be 2 sata drives, no overclocking....its to go into my current rig for the moment, but will upgrade in the very near future

Second: im looking for an lcd monitor. its for gaming, size 19' if possible, but budget is 200e MAX, cant spend over that! was thinking of just ordering off dell, but if i could get a better one ide prefer it!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Zalman have some 100% silent psus out.

And there are some nice 19"s out too.

Best bet is to look at www.overclockers.co.uk . They have some great stuff. Also check the b-grade products. and this week only offers. Some amazing bargins in there atm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

If you have a decent CRT stick with it for gaming as any LCD in the budget range is going to have compromises.

Of course you could clone the displays and use the LCD for general tasks and the CRT for gaming as long as the CRT is set as the primary display.

The cheapest Samsung you can get is the safest bet, better than what Dell is probably peddling at the same price.

€209 on Pixmania but out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

how are those zalman psus?? looking at them on oc uk, they seem reasonable, but really its the quietness im looking for not any extra features..

that samsung looks good..... higher end of my budget tho when u include shipping...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

TBH most good quality PSu's with 120mm fans will be quiet. I have a Hiper TypeR and my hard drives spinning are louder.
    Beware the 'fanless' psu's...I accept they are silent but when Custom PC mag did a group test of psu's several of the fanless ones did not pass testing...and one or two failed quite dangerously. They are also very expensive !!!!

Advertisement