Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matching 60's red brick for extension

Options
  • 02-11-2006 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a semi-detached house that was built in the mid 60's and we are just about to start a garage conversion. I'm having trouble matching the original brick type. Ive been told that they are most likely Butterly bricks, but using the following database i cant seem to find a good match http://www.cmb.ie/brick%2Ddatabase/

Here are a few pictures of the exact brick. From the pictures you can see they are frogged. There are a few houses on the road that have been extended but they have all used different bricks, close but not the same as the original.

brick-0061.jpg

brick-00141.jpg

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

try the Alridge Multi-rustic brick by Ibstock. Chadwicks stock them

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

Wow, that was quick! and just what I was looking for. Im actually in Bray.
    Thanks a million mate, I was starting to pull my hair out! I will give chadwicks a bell tomorrow am.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

I picked up a few samples from Chadwicks this morning and they are indeed a perfect match. Thanks Frank!

Advertisement