Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any target air rifle shooters use these?

Options
  • 02-11-2006 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

dscf2247ia1.jpg

If its any use to anyone PM me your address I'll stick it in the post.

Comments

I do and I lost that exact box in Bisley!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Go on then, tell us unwashed plebs what it is.

I somehow doubt it's a box for keeping your 'safety' in. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Drum Magazine for an air rifle ..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

Gone to original physco, for the great unwashed its just a plasticy thing that a box of pellets slides into, makes sure the lid doesn't pop off in your bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

demonloop wrote:
    Gone to original physco, for the great unwashed its just a plasticy thing that a box of pellets slides into, makes sure the lid doesn't pop off in your bag.
    Anyone who says "just" about that magnificent invention has never known the joy of digging out five hundred individual lead pellets from a large kitbag full of clothing and toolboxes and other bits of kit, or the awe at the wonderful display of ballistic trajectories as five hundred bits of lead leap from a fresh, enthusiasticly opened tin of pellets in a bid to beat one another to the floor and under the couch in the range :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Would an elastic band or a bit of duct tap around the lid of the tin not work just as well?

Not really. I used elastic bands once - because the tins are round, you have to put them across a diameter of the tin and then they tend to slip to one side or the other and fall off (and then you get to hunt down 500 pellets in your kit bag). Duct tape around the whole tin works (though you have to be careful not to open them enthusiastically because sometimes the tape hangs onto the upper lid and the pellets go flying), but these things are faster and you don't have to buy a new roll of tape every so often (just don't lose them in Bisley :D )

civdef wrote:
    Would an elastic band or a bit of duct tap around the lid of the tin not work just as well?

And then the band goes flying straight into the face of the next guy down the line when you take it off during a comp.

Come to think about it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Come to think about it.....
    Have we just witnessed the birth of a 'Cunning Plan'?

Bad place to conceive a cunning plan :D

ISSF Rule 7.9.1 :
    Loud noise is not permitted near the firing line.
    And if the noise caused by hitting another shooter in the eye with a flying rubber band is anything other than loud, it's the first I've heard of it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I think I lost mine one in cardiff :(

Handly little things.

Ahh yes - but that only confirms the validity of my 'cunning plan'

When Shooter X gets hit in the eye with said elastic band, his removal from the match is guaranteed due to his shrieks of agony... and as we have a plurality of ISSF Judges, the law stands in favour of the shooter guilty of only accidental discharge of an elastic band.

Original Psycho 1 - ISSF 0

This, of course, is the reason for ISSF Rule 7.2.9 :
    All shooters are urged to wear shatterproof shooting glasses or similar eye protection while shooting.

Are they hard to find if you want one? I hadn't realised they were so popular.

Not that I would get a load of them from Anschutz to flog on the board of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

They are both in the ahg Anschutz catalogue too, both the exact same but branded Anschutz. Good ideas, both of them.

They are not hard to get - as loads of shops stock them.

However all of said shops seem to be in the UK or Europe, so I only get that kind of stuff when I have a big order from Edinkillie or am in Bisley/Munich

Sandy22 wrote:
    But these are better - see "Match-Box" at top of page 1
    They're not actually better, they're just used for different things. The "Safety Box" keeps an unsealed tin from opening in your kitbag or box; the "Match Box" is mounted on your stand or on the table in front of you and is there to present up to a hundred pellets so they're easy to grasp while you're shooting. Horses for courses and all that.

Advertisement