Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a question regarding squadron supreme..

Options
  • 02-11-2006 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭

what the hell happend to it?!?

the last issue i got was the one based in the middle east with the cliffhanger regarding the serial killer guy at the end and that was it. have stores stopped ordering it? according to the marvel site theyre up to issue 9 and im pretty sure ive only got up to 5 so whats going on, is it on hiatus while the crossover with the ultimate universe is going on or are shops ordering so little of it now that im just missing them when they come in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

what the hell happend to it?!?

the last issue i got was the one based in the middle east with the cliffhanger regarding the serial killer guy at the end and that was it. have stores stopped ordering it? according to the marvel site theyre up to issue 9 and im pretty sure ive only got up to 5 so whats going on, is it on hiatus while the crossover with the ultimate universe is going on or are shops ordering so little of it now that im just missing them when they come in?

bear in mind that the Marvel site and preview books are always a few issues ahead, in my experience also Strazinsky tends to produce a little behind schedule (with the possible exception of Spiderman and Fantastic four.
    To be honest I'm also a bit dissappointed with the pace of the books, I feel like theres a great story on the horizon with the glimpse of the world 5 years in the future that we were given....but can we be bothered waiting for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ah then maybe issue 6 hasnt been releasd yet, its just it was meant to be out in october. i agree that the book hasnt been up to scratch, supreme power was a much better read. this just doesnt seem to be doing anything much lately. the flows all wrong and im not really all that interested in enertia. her story just seems too hackneyed to interest me, practically every cliche you can chuck at a character is in it and shes the one getting all the character work at the moment. also with the political climate in the states i cant help thinking stracznski is hedging the story to suit the PC climate. there could be a really biting critique in americas foreign policy going on yet what were getting is a half hearted non event thats neither flag waving or criticism. the best bit was when mark posited whats to stop them just keeping on going but it just fizzled out

TBH i think i might drop the book and just wait for the trades to come out. i dont like not knowing if i missed an issue or not and if ive read correctly issue six is the last in the current story line so i'll get that and leave the rest to be collected in future volumes . not to mention deodato jr is doing the art from 7 onwards and i hate that guys art so its not worth the near double price of a trade to collect as single issues.

anyone know why gary frank quit the book?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

just giving a heads up to anyone who's interested. issue 6 was out and i missed it due to shops not supporting the book. i picked it up in a shop in temple bar that does an insane amount of back issue's. managed to pick up issue 3 of "supreme power:hyperion" as well that was under ordered too.

as far as im conscerned thats it for me, i'm buying it in trade form from now on. i just wont take the chance of being caught like this again. hard luck comic shop guys, thats one more less sale for you.

Advertisement