Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity work

• 03-11-2006 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I have to do two weeks voluntary charity work in December. Has anybody got any ideas? I'm in south Dublin. Dev.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

The ISPCA (the animal one, not sure which is which).
    Cheeverstown maybe
    Simon Community

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm in the same boat, but Trinity has offered me a placement in CRANN the week I'm meant to be doing social work and I think I'm allowed take Trinity instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I really don't wanna go to an old folk's home or somewhere like Cheeverstown, I'd be terrible. I'll probably just go to a Concern shop in town or I might try the ISPCA that iFight mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

They make you work for charities now? What ever happened to getting work for two weeks and making a few bob on it?

Why back in my day.... *Grumble grumble*

layke wrote:
    They make you work for charities now? What ever happened to getting work for two weeks and making a few bob on it?

Why back in my day.... *Grumble grumble*
    We do that too.. this is just another thing on top of the two weeks of normal work. Can't really complain though, it's another week off school.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Check out local St. Vincent De Paul Societies, should be looking for people around Xmas time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

had I known about the IPSC (Irish Palestine Solidarity Campaign) more last year I would have done Work Exp with them. But then again you mightn't be interested in freedom of Palestine etc :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

in my school we have to do 2 hours community work a WEEK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

ive taken up a couple of hours voluntary work in sligo rovers...
    just cleaning up and such.

a very worthy cause :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 zstar43

the hospice in harolds cross thats what im doing it takes loads of students and your just like making teas or something!!!

• Advertisement

I'm starting on Monday in an old folk's home (just what I didn't want)... dreading it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Ah now why wouldn't you want that? You could have a whole gang of new grandparents....an ARMY of them even.

Rozabeez wrote:
    Ah now why wouldn't you want that? You could have a whole gang of new grandparents....an ARMY of them even.
    Haha, just what I wanted :)

It wasn't that bad actually, most of 'em are quite funny and I'm only in for about 3 hours.

Advertisement