Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Instrument cluster being replaced

Options
  • 03-11-2006 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I found out a few days ago that the instrument panel in my car would need to be replaced, it's been done under warranty from the place i bought the car from...

It's a "refurbished" instrument cluster, which is ok, considering the age of the car ect... they told me the millage will not match the current cluster, but will provide me with documentation incase i ever go to sell the car.

My question is, should they not be using one of the these millage correction services to put the millage right? Do the places that re-furb these things not code the Instrument cluster before sending them out?

I don't want to be unfair to the garage, as they are trying to put things right, I just want to know what you would consider reasonable in this situation.

If the millage isn't corrected i know it will affect the re-sale value of the car, most people won't touch a car if there's anything wrong with the millage...

what do you guys think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

Whe you say warranty, what type are you talking? Manufacturers or 2nd hand dealers?
    Whats the make, model and year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

it was a used car, 5 years old, not bought from a dealer.

He gave me 6 months warrenty, bumper to bumper on it...

Didn't want to give the car details, incase anyone from the garage is reading, you'd never know...

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

Hi,

If you are talking about the car I think you are, (wont name it because you dont want to) you will have a problem with a used dash. The mileage being wrong will light an anti-tamper dot(led).

Advertisement