Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airsoft Modification

• 03-11-2006 2:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

i know we're all limited with the 1j thing, but is there anyone out there thinking about doing any modification to their guns? (legal of course)

i'd love to extend the barrel on my Famas, something like this.(i wouldnt remove the carry handle though, i love that thing! :))

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/o1s1n/FAMAS_SBX_E.jpg

upgrade the spring to a m120, try and get it up as close to 1j as possible.

not sure what to do about the silencer/barrel extension. you can buy a silencer adapter to fit king arms silencers.

wolf have a 335mm silencer.

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/product.asp?page=product&id=KASIL04

its long but i don't know if its long enough. homemade silencer perhaps? hmm *starts looking for tubing*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Ya the whole 1 joule limit has had me pondering about the best sniper rifle i could get under 1 joule ever since the change in law.
    I went a bought a vsr 10 upgraded to 1 joule but i am seriously considering getting a kart m14 clone giving it a slight upgrade ,possibly a tightbore barrel
    and as close to 1 joule as possible. I had considered a tm m16 DM conversion but the m14 seems 2 be getting me licking my lips a little more frequently.
    Their has been tons of hype about this new m14 but very little in regards to accuracy and range tests which is what im wanting to know.
    I did want a bolt action sniper at first but im startin to think a scoped AEG is pretty much the best choice ya got snipin under 1 joule :(

I have planned to sand down my beretta to a nice silvery finish or at least the outer barrel[at least that shouldnt be 2 hard],Its the ongoing sniper rifle dilemma which is driving me insane :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

well, most stock AEGs fire around the 270 mark.(to which i doubt many people will upgrade) so if you get a bolt action upgraded to exactly 325, thats a 55fps advantage you have over them. thats why i wouldn't mind extending the barrel on my Famas (its barrel is already extremely long as it is) upgrading the spring to 1j, mounting a scope and using it as an assault rifle with sniping capabilities.

hmm
    i realy need 2 sort my vsr and see just how accurate it is/can be before i fully decide.Its hard to know i suppose when i havnt tested other guns or skirmished.
    I think the famas could look pretty cool [keep the handle ;) ]

Master of the Universe

have you been able to find any decent reviews of the kart m14 actually? i haven't been able too. I'm still a little skeptical about those Chinese clones. although for the price you cant go wrong i suppose. even if it is a piece of ****, it would make a nice replica to hang on your wall :D

havnt found any good performance reviews atall and ive scoured the intraweb :o . The only "performance review" i found wasnt much help because the guy had stuck in a 425fps spring and tweaked a few things, he said effective range 120-150 feet max range 200-220 feet. i aint realy sure what that would mean for a 325fps version with a tight bore :confused:

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

actually you might wanna watch out, the m14 stock fps is 325. a tightbore will increase velocity as well as accuracy. could end up putting it over 1j. last thing you want is not being allowed to use it at a skirmish.

hopefully it should be perfectly fine accuracy/velocity wise. maybe some of the internals might be a bit cheap though. could always upgrade them to better TM parts. such as the hop up and that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

You could always do the hop up modification by wrapping it in tape.

Master of the Universe

this only works for specific guns. namely the UTG sniper and the UTG sniper packaged in different ways. ie the black eagle m6. i think cybergun has its own version too. anyway, as i stated before, this ups the FPS by a LOT.

when i said to replace the hop up, i meant with a higher quality one. i've seen pictures of the UTG hop up compared side by side with the Marui hop up. theyre based on the same design, but the build quality is totally different.

i'd say that kart m4 could preform well (hopefully) but has badly made parts which might break after extended use. this could be easily rectified by simply replacing them with marui m14 parts.

apparantly the hopup is a 100% marui clone which considering the excellent things i heard about the tm 14's hop can olny be a good thing.The guy whoes review i read had wrapped his hop up not to increase fps but to stabliize it a bit.

Master of the Universe

well, it'll be great if all this is true. i'm just trying not to get my hopes up!

• Advertisement

I cant help but get my hopes up unfortunetly :( .I could never justify spending the money on an expensive TM version[as much as id love 2 have it]
    So this gun has to be good

Master of the Universe

well what happens to me is, i cant justify spending that much on a TM version, but i go out and buy other things (UTG sniper and Mac 11) which add up to the same cost.

if there's a gun now that i want, i'm just gonna save up for it. who needs to justify things? if it makes you happy, so be it :D

ya but you know me 2 guns for the price of 1 aye :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I have upgraded my vsr, i put in a tight bore barrell, new piston,guide and a 1 joule spring, i'm currently waiting on a few parts for the trigger b4 i can test it out, the problem is that i cant test the fps without bringing it to a skirmish, its possible that the combination of better parts may bring it slightly over the 1 joule limit even with a 1 joule spring.
    hopefully i can get it tested soon but i want to keep it on the legal side of 1 j so i can skirmish with it, but i'm hoping the better parts will improve the overall accuracy

Let us know what the accuracy's like when ya get to use it

Master of the Universe

i read that as a rule, skirmish sites generally allow a 10% run over on the 1j limit. airsoft guns dont really fire at an exactly consistent rate so they kinda have to.

you could always buy a chronograph! ;)

Advertisement