Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'95 Corsa wiring burnt out

Options
  • 03-11-2006 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭

Hi my sisters Corsa is having trouble
    the wiring from the ECU to engine bay have burnt out, nearly started a fire!
    The burning is located just only from the ECU to about a foot down the wires going to the engine bay.Its located on the RHS of drivers footwell. So i removed it last night. lucily the fuse box looks ok. so i removed the wiring from the ECU to the engine bay last night, and getting a new one today.

What would have caused this?

If i replace the wiring loom might it re-occur?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Possible. You need to find the source of the problem before you fit the new cable.
    What did you do to the car in the last few days?
    Did you fit anything new (electric)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

New radio fitted a month ago dont think it was this, but that wiring loom is perfect just the on goin to the engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Doolittle51

first step would be to make sure all the fuses are the correct rating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

JoeySully wrote:
    the wiring from the ECU to engine bay have burnt out, nearly started a fire!
    Burnt out wiring is most likely caused by a short between the actual wires involved, but it could be that the ECU is FOOBAR. If so, then its likely to re-occur.
    I'd say change the wiring as you've already bought the replacement but if that doesn't work cut your losses and scrap the car. A Corsa surviving 12 years is unusual in the first place. Electrical problems are always a money-pit as most mechanics don't have a clue - they'll just keep swapping parts and totting up the bill until the problem appears to be gone. You won't be long spending more than the value of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Yeah im gioin to replace the ECU as well
    Not going near a garage! thieves

Goin to the scrappy with a big empty tool box this evening :D

thanks fo rthe post

• Advertisement
Advertisement