Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Camcorder advice please.

• 03-11-2006 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

I'm in shopping mode, and as a result am strongly considering buying a camcorder in the very near future. But before I spend my hard earned moula, I was hoping someone could give me advice on the following:

Am getting married next year (not till June), and would like to get a camcorder to record the event (will be borrowing a few aswell, and setting up on tripods, and editing myself.) After this momentus occasion, would like to use the camcorder for holiday use, occasions, etc. - but realistically, can't see it getting a huge amount of use, as we're not video people.

I've done what research I can on the internet, and figured that probably want a mini-dv (seems to be the better quality image), and also a known brand. Also want one that records in widescreen, as all our tv's are widescreen. I went into a shop last night, and after chatting to the sales guy he suggested the Canon MVX1s - for been mid-professional, great image quality, and good stabilisation. I've looked at the tech spec for it, but don't know how its better than the others. Did a search on Conn's and saw they have clearance on the following - which woudl be for the same price - Sony DCR HC42E, and Sony PC103E (greatest price reduction in this.)

So basically, after my wonderfully long message.....
    (1) Which is the better model for the price:
    Canon MVX1 or Sony DCR HC42E or Sony PC 103e.

(2) Should I wait until the new year and a newer and better model - or will there be that much difference in the Mini-dv range.

(3) Are there any other that I should consider that are better for the price.

thanks a million for any help / guidance / assistance,

Advertisement