Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A year with Clearwire in December.

Options
  • 03-11-2006 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

I started with Clearwire last decemeber.

I want to canel as soon as the 12 months are up.

Are there any hitchs to this. Somebody else who is with clearwire told me if you dont cancel it they roll the contract on for another year and you cant get out of it.

Is there any weirdness like that. I hope clearwire arent as dodgy as they sound.

Got BB in May with Eircom so dont need Clearwires ****e service any more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I thought it was a 24month contract at the start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Don't you get a better rate/deal if you take on the 24 month contract??

I'm with them about 3 months and wondering how to get out of it! If their speeds aren't what was promised can I just cancel???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you're getting a speed lower than the speed they offer divided by the contention ratio then they are in breach of the contract and you should be able to cancel your direct debit and send back the modem. They'll probably claim that you need to pay fees and all sorts of other crap but stand firm and refuse to give in.

Monitor your speeds and keep screen caps of speed tests over a period of time (the next month for example).

If your speeds are above the minimum then there's probably nothing you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Woody_FX

I started with them pre luanch. They lost my contract or something and when i called them in Decemeber last year they started charging me. Put it through again or something.

Anyways I've had enough of there jib. Was a 12month contract. Have a friend who was telling me that they roll the contract on for another 12 months if you dont cancel in time. Could be crap he is talking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

No, I don't think they can do that. Not unless you sign up for another 12 months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I got out of it before the 12 months were up and didn't pay a penalty. It's not exactly difficult to point out stuff that doesn't work right, like P2P, Skype, some games, VoIP. I just told them that with the limits imposed on the service it was of no use to me.

Advertisement