Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mac os x + magnet broadband compatability problems

Options
  • 03-11-2006 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

mac + magnet compatability problems
    hi all
    i have a quick question which i'm hoping you can answer. i dont know if this is the correct forum so please feel free to move this is needed.

basically, i have magnet entertainment at home and i'm having problems connecting my macbook to the wireless router ... when i try to connect to it i get an error message stating 'there was an error joining the wireless network', but nothing more decriptive than that.

i'm a new mac user and so dont know my way around everything right now so would appreciate your hep.

i have two other laptops, both running XP and they connect without any problems ... it's just with the mac/osx.

hope you can help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Try a MAC OS forum. It is not compatibility with broadband, just the MAC OS settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Get an answer to this?

What router are you using?

I've Magnet and use Mac exclusively. Never had an issue, but then I use the Airport express.

Sure its nothing to do with MAC Authentication or WEP passwords? What encryption are you using?

Advertisement