Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adult games

Options
  • 03-11-2006 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

trying to find funny adult (cleanish) board games as presents for christmas games sites i have tried dont give great reviews. Any type will do just some time passing fun on sometimes the most boring day of year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Try Anne Summers, they should be able to sort you out.

By "cleanish" what do you mean? Games that are drink, sex, general adult orientated or something else?

How about Twister :D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭tipper1

by cleanish just meant not sex game just general adult humour around a family played game on xmas day 18yrs upwards siblings and partners would be involved

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Guitar Hero 2 for PlayStation 2.

... what? It's clean adult fun. And you get to laugh at anybody who can't play it :D Or Singstar, that's supposed to be alright-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Trivial Persuit and Risk. Two classics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

As above, theres a new 80's Trivial Persuit out now if you are into some retro stuff. :) Taboo can be amusing sometimes.

edit: I forgot Nuclear War, kind of old that one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Feck board games, get Buzz (the 'big quiz' one and you might need a PS2 too?).

http://www.buzzthegame.com/en_IE/bigQuiz.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Buzz is a load of gash compared to Guitar Hero.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Buzz is a load of gash compared to Guitar Hero.

Maybe, but at least with Buzz - unless there's a good few people - your not fighting too much over who plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Atmosfear is always good for a laugh. It's the one where an evil guy on a DVD tells you what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Apples to Apples is a card/word association game for up to ten players that's really simple and incredibly good fun. Perfectly suited to tipsy after-dinner play. You might have to go to a board game or comic shop to find it, though.

Failing that, get a deck of regular playing cards and learn the fine game of ****head.

• Advertisement

Toymaster on Jervis Street seems to be the only shop with a decent selection of board games these days be sure to look upstairs there, all Smyths tend to do are things like Hungry, Hungry Hippos.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

risk
    or
    if ur up for it diplomacy but its so hard to convince someone to play that game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Cant go wrong with Monopoly. I remember a few years back I was staying up in Monaghan for Christmas and the power was gone for 3 days, we had a marathon game of Monopoly. Quality Christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I am saddened when I look across to Germany & see what kinda boardgames they're bringing out... everything's so fresh & inventive...

Oh, and Monopoly sucks. Like, really sucks.

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    I agree... I could never understand it's appeal. It's the patented family argument stimulator.

Pictionary is always good, as is Outburst and I've heard good things about Cranium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

try any of the following for a bit of a laugh

Zombies!!!!
    Gullotine
    Once upon a time
    and
    Fluxx

though for 'adult' games, naked twister is always a crowd pleaser ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I've heard good things about Cranium.

GET CRANIUM

Best game ever, its like they've taken the best parts from every party game and rolled them into one game, and its surprisingly good and a great laugh. Its a cross of trivial pursuit/charades/pictionary to name a few, there are also games like humming a song and some other stuff, like clay moulding. It has to be the best game for all occasions, it is more of an adult game as a lot of the questions and songs kids wouldn't know. The clay moulding is the best for a laugh because of the things they get you to shape, like "sculpt a scale model of old trafford stadium" and you see the person frantically trying to shape it in less than 30 seconds.

I'd highly recommend cranium, once you get it you'll never need another game for parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

K.O.Kiki wrote:

the words of someone who never wins i bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Kristok wrote:
    the words of someone who never wins i bet.
    When you play monopoly, no one wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Unless you are the banker, and cheat like crazy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement