Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuel Cards

Options
  • 03-11-2006 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Have been researching Fuel cards lately. Any tips on which are the best?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

We use DCI.
    That way you are not tied down to one fuel station company.
    Just make sure you don't fill up at a forecourt that doesn't have a DCI sign outside.
    DCI is accepted in England also.

One of the main benefits to us is 24hr petrol pumps. Pull up, enter your card details and pin. Fill, and drive away.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

I use Benchmark Statoil Card http://www.motorcard.ie/ current weeks petrol price is 100.2 c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

ROVER wrote:
    I use Benchmark Statoil Card http://www.motorcard.ie/ current weeks petrol price is 100.2 c

I got this after agreeing to their direct debit plus (ie a direct debit with no paperwork)

The card arrived, with a listing of statiol stations in Ireland.

But how I use it?
    Do I fillup, then go into the shop and hand them the card, do I need a PIN?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Fill up first. Walk in. Pay. Ask them to enter your reg and mileage if you want. Sign. Walk away. Thats it.

If there is a chip on the card you may be asked for a PIN. Not sure about the Statoil cards. All the DCI cards have a PIN, but not every shop asks for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

vector wrote:
    I got this after agreeing to their direct debit plus (ie a direct debit with no paperwork)

The card arrived, with a listing of statiol stations in Ireland.

But how I use it?
    Do I fillup, then go into the shop and hand them the card, do I need a PIN?

I never had to use a pin just sign. I think the pin could be required if you use your card abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

In my experience DCI requires a pin unless you fill up in statoil who never ask for it for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 petscul

Cheers guys. A big help.

Advertisement