Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

awful doors

Options
  • 03-11-2006 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

i moved into a house and the interior doors where satin sheen,i glossed them,i asked my neighbour why her doors come up so well, and thats when i realised what i done, help mine are awful what can i do

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I'm not with you...you're saying the doors were eggshell and you glossed them?

Was this not your intention? What have the neighbour's doors got to do with anything?

Define "awful".

Are they panel doors or flush? Did you sand and undercoat them prior to glossing?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

no they where cream satin sheen,i did not no,so i decided to give them a gloss,they are panel doors and are much nicer with the satin sheen,i only realised when my neighbour told me all the doors are satin sheen,and they look terriable,so i want them back to the satin sheen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

eggshell, satin sheen ; same difference

You're saying you glossed them and don't like the finiish?
    Well to get them back to eggshell/satin finish you'll ned to sand the doors (lightly!) to break the shine then apply a fresh coat of satinwood....if you intend to change the colour it'll take at least 2 coats, if you intend to have them the same colour then you may get away with one coat.

Use the following guide but I wouldn't pay much attention to where it asks you to use two different sized brushes; a 2" brush is fine. Do paint the door in the order shown and watch for runs and drips in the suggested places.

paneldooranim.gif

Top edge you can ignore, since the previous painters probably never did them either ;)

http://www.bozzle.com/ps_Howtopaneldoor.html

Advertisement