Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance with overseas companies?

Options
  • 03-11-2006 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've been looking into getting courier insurance for a van but so far I've only got one company who will quote me, and it's about 5x more expensive than my car insurance:eek:

Does anyone know of any overseas companies that insure Irish drivers and more specifically, couriers vans?

If insurance is cheaper overseas, as we know it's very high here, why don't more people get insured by overseas companies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You can't get insured in ireland by a foreign company.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Really? It's that straightforward:( I thought a guy I know said he was insured with a British company:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Stephen wrote:
    You can't get insured in ireland by a foreign company.
    What about Axa ;) They're french aren't that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You know what I mean. They actively trade in Ireland under an Irish subsidiary, much like Allianz, ze Germans.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yeah , my uncles an insurance broker in Germany and he looked into it for me. You can be insured by a foreign company here, but as Stephen says they have to have a working office here. So a company isnt going to have an office here, yet not take advantage of the prices chanrged here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for clearing that up everyone, not what I wanted to hear but anyway:o

Advertisement