Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl D15

Options
  • 03-11-2006 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Anybody else experiencing problems with the BB service ??

I have not been able to connect to the service for 2 days now..

was on hold to support for 25 mins and gave up ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Luckily for me I have been having no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

My point has been disconnected for the last 3 weeks, should be someone out this afternoon to look at it.. I took a day off work for an appointment two weeks ago and they messed up the dates the clowns.. He better arrive soon as Gf had to be in the house all afternoon for them. TV in the bedroom gets annoying...

D12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i'm on ntl in d15 ( huntstown ) and it's all fine here .

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭speedy21

yeah - was having huge NTL problems last night and this morn... (in Dublin 1)
    seems to be slightly better now.
    But down for ages I think

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Thanks - will check again when I get home this evening - appears to be very hit and miss at the mo ...

• Advertisement

Did you have any luck?
    Mine is down again today - Its seriously bad!!
    I'm only with them a week now - Is it too late to get out of a years contract?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

speedy21 wrote:
    Did you have any luck?
    Mine is down again today - Its seriously bad!!
    I'm only with them a week now - Is it too late to get out of a years contract?

No, as it is a distance contract so you can cancel it within 14 days.

However I've NTL in D15 and no problems, always been rock solid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 soularnights

Hey,
    I'm in D.15 Clonee area and have NTL problem too. Was working fine before but the last few weeks i've to unplug the modem or reboot the pc a couple of times to get reconnected. Would there be an update? or is it a service issue??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jimc84

Hi,

I've had MAJOR issues with connectivity in the Clonee (Hunters Run) area & have been advised that this is due to contention ratio issues. I've contacted NTL on a number of occasions & finally got someone there to tell me that this was the problem.(after about an hour & a half holding times...) They are looking into this 'at the moment' (4 weeks now...) & are looking at putting in additional lines or something to increase the level of service.

I've already told them I won't be paying for the 'part time' service they provide (as I can't access anything in the eveneings but its accessible at about 8am on Sunday morning...) until proper service has been resumed (i.e. always online service i'm paying for)

Check the 'RDY' light on your modem, if its flashing, then you have this problem too!!

Problems appear to be intermittent ...

Switch on modem - can take up to 20 mins to actually connect when it does it is 'ok' ...

Last Night the modem disconnected itself completely and then I couldn't get back on the network so gave up again - it was late !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭00sully

seems fine in carpenterstown d15 for me....fingers crossed - service has been erratic last few months tho has settled recently (still slower than advertised) never got a disconnect tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Marathon_Man

Seems to be down in Clonsilla since about 1pm.

Seems to be down in Clonsilla since about 1pm.
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm still having problems in Dublin 1...
    I was supposed to receive a technician on Tuesday but he was a no show...
    Could connect earlier today for first time - but not now... NTL won't connect again!!
    not sure what to do...
    it's a total waste of money

I feel cheated :(
    I'm using UTV to connect again - and its connecting no problem - but my contract with them runs out very soon.. then I'm stuck with NTL :(

help !!

Advertisement